This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material.

letting dcs down

(5 Posts)
bluebluecow Sat 19-Apr-14 18:28:20

I have been off work with my dd 10 and ds 7 for the easter hols. We have no family nearby and no real friends. They dont play out as we live on a main road. I feel so guilty that they are indoors so much. I take them out as much as I can but have limited funds and tbh they are fed up with parks/picnics. I have taken them swimming, cinema, fair and various parks but find it impossible to fill the days. They don't play together and are often bored. They never go in the garden to play. dh always at work. They spend their time playing computer games. Even when their friends come round they all want taking out and I really cant afford it. They seem happy but I always feel so guilty, other kids always seem to be doing activities but we simply cant afford thissad

BackforGood Sat 19-Apr-14 18:35:25

Others aren't always doing activities, only those you see at the activities. You don't see the ones who are at home.

Joules68 Sat 19-Apr-14 18:35:47

Have you tried geocaching? It's free and great for this age group

bluebluecow Sat 19-Apr-14 18:42:22

i've never heard of geocatching but will research it. All ideas are really welcome

bluebluecow Sat 19-Apr-14 18:47:15

geocachingblush Thanks backforgood, it certainly feels that way though and i have spent the last 2 weeks completely guilt ridden that they are missing outsad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now