This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material. If you've seen or heard something you felt was unsuitable for children — maybe a programme on TV or online, a film, an advert, a video game or something in a magazine — feel free to start a thread here to discuss it with other parents, and you can also make a complaint to the regulators via ParentPort.

grandparents living far away

(2 Posts)
Dopolis Thu 20-Feb-14 21:03:01

I have a 21 month old daughter and we live in a new area far away from family and it is difficult to find things to fill our day. I take her to some toddler groups so that kills 1hr 30mins but the friends I have made actually work so that rules out play dates and no aunties etc to visit to kill a bit of time. Does anyone else feel like they are in the same situation where their family is living far away?

mrsagarlick Sat 26-Apr-14 21:57:43

I can completely sympathise Dopolis. We are originally from the Midlands area and both sets of grandparents are there whereas we have recently moved to North Wales for my DH's job. Although I understand why life has to be this way and we are joining groups, classes and making friends I am really struggling to manage without support from family especially my mum. I am finding bfeeding difficult too and we have struggled with LO's weight gain so added pressure

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now