This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material. If you've seen or heard something you felt was unsuitable for children — maybe a programme on TV or online, a film, an advert, a video game or something in a magazine — feel free to start a thread here to discuss it with other parents, and you can also make a complaint to the regulators via ParentPort.

Inappropriate Advertising.

(6 Posts)
Caro959 Sun 26-Jan-14 14:17:06

Hello, this is my first ever post on Mumsnet so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I was furious when visiting Meadowhall yesterday to see the Ann Summers shop window blocked out with the words 'Ultimate Orgasm' standing out on an otherwise blank background. How can Meadowhall market itself as a family destination whilst allowing that? I wouldn't consider Ann Summers to be a 'family destination' shop in the first place. How do you explain to an inquisitive 5 or 6 year old who reads this what an orgasm is? Bad move Meadowhall.

Caro959 Sun 26-Jan-14 14:18:55

By the way, I know this isn't really about the media, but it was the closest match to my topic. Sorry if this is wrong.

DameDeepRedBetty Sun 26-Jan-14 14:22:17

Hello Caro. Welcome to MN.

This isn't an inappropriate topic to start your thread - although it's more about media than shop window displays.

I'd complain directly to Meadowhall management though, perhaps in a nice public way like Twitter <evil>!

southeastastra Sun 26-Jan-14 14:22:24

did you complain to the shop?

DameDeepRedBetty Sun 26-Jan-14 14:23:08

xposted.

Why? It's only an orgasm, haven't you ever had one? As for explaining, it's not like you have to be explicit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now