This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material.

hair loss

(4 Posts)
Ziggyzoom Sat 30-Nov-13 22:49:40

It is normal after having a baby. iiRC it happens from about 4 months PP. but it is simply the loss of the extra hair that has not been shed during pregnancy.

In my case, it came out in lumps and this was put down to medication, low iron levels and hormonal changes. I ended up with bald patches above my temples!

On a positive note, I took my iron tablets and the hair grew back. Unfortunately it is grey, but at least it is there and hair dye is easy to come by!

yes it is very common after pregnancy. When you are pregnant your hair is stuck in a growth phase and you lose very little. After birth you lose all the extra hair that was not lost during pregnancy.

jane1995 Sat 30-Nov-13 22:45:23

has anyone experienced hair loss after pregnancy? my LO is now six months and for the past few weeks big clumps of my hair has been falling out, my first thaught was it is down to stress but my mother mentioned that it can happen after pregnancy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now