This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material. If you've seen or heard something you felt was unsuitable for children — maybe a programme on TV or online, a film, an advert, a video game or something in a magazine — feel free to start a thread here to discuss it with other parents, and you can also make a complaint to the regulators via ParentPort.

18 month and early morning talk - does your child do this??

(4 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Thu 24-Oct-13 12:45:00

Dd1 was sat in bed happily giving us her reading of Dear Zoo this morning. Unusual for her in that she's normally such a not a morning person you have to drag her out of bed!

ImFineThankYou Sun 25-Aug-13 23:12:53

15mo dc does this. Happily plays with their toys in a morning or just relaxes. I'll often go in and they'll be laid on the pillow, arms behind their head just staring about the room! Quite contented! I just go in when I'm awake if there's no crying.

Fairylea Sun 25-Aug-13 23:06:37

My two have done this... smile well ds is still doing it as he is only 14 months but dd is now 10 years old!

It's very cute. He will try and sing I think. Not too sure but he sounds happy enough. I tend to leave him for a bit until it's nearer 7am and he is making noises like he wants to get up / starting to get a bit hungry etc. I probably only leave him about 15 - 20 mins at most I think.

Mamabear12 Sun 25-Aug-13 23:01:21

I notice my little princess wakes at around 6am and just sits in bed talking...well baby talk to her stuffed animals (she usually has 2 or 3 in bed w her). Anyways she does this every morning until I go in and get her. I need to start using video cam again, bc I would lik to watch her and see what she is doing in there lol. When I open door,nshe is sitting up holding be of her stuffed animals.

My questions, does anyone else have kids that do this? How long do u let them sit talking? Should I just wait until 7am or until she starts to cry? Or would u go in after few mins f hearing they r up?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now