This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material.

Toddler and glasses

(3 Posts)
CelticPromise Tue 07-Jan-14 22:23:28

My little DS wears them. One of the things that helped him was reminding him of an older child he looks up to a bit who wears them. He's not bothered about looking like mummy and daddy but he wants to look like his big friend.

forgetandforgive Tue 07-Jan-14 22:16:28

hi. my son was born with a lazy eye and he started wearing glasses when he was 3. if my son didn't have lazy eyes i wouldn't be so firm about him wearing his glasses but he is now 9 so he knows when he needs to wear them or not. for tv or playing computer games he doesn't have them on but in school he always wear them. so i think is very normal your dd refuses to wear them at first. as she gets bit bigger she will start to realize that she fan see better through them. give her some time if the optician thinks she can get away with not wearing them all the time. my son had to wear his because when he was smaller hat will help him with his lazy eye.

wintersdawn Wed 21-Aug-13 13:22:40

Not sure if this is the right place but here goes. My 2.5yo dd has to wear glasses and I'm having a nightmare getting her to accept them. Both my do and I wear glasses so we've tried the lets look like mummy and daddy angle, I've bought a cord that's meant to help keep them on her head - no difference and tried bribery - you only get to watch tv if you wear them etc all to no avail.
Anyone any tricks that have worked or is it just a keep at it till they give in kind of thing?
Also I've seen a kid with a curly fine elastic band type strap that wrapped round the head that looks far more comfortable than the band I've bought but can't find them to buy, anyone seen them anywhere?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now