This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material. If you've seen or heard something you felt was unsuitable for children — maybe a programme on TV or online, a film, an advert, a video game or something in a magazine — feel free to start a thread here to discuss it with other parents, and you can also make a complaint to the regulators via ParentPort.

anyone out there who gave up dairy to help with reflux? Did your baby show dairy intolerance during weaning too?

(8 Posts)
tostaky Fri 20-Dec-13 21:30:13

I gave up dairy when ds was 1 months and for 4 months. then tried again dairies and all was fine. never had him tested as he was fine... je is just very strong minded and doesnt like to sleep!! dairy-free diet was great though, I lost a stone (which I put back on :-(((

NothingsLeft Wed 31-Jul-13 22:36:48

I cut dairy and soy out at 6 weeks (also under medical supervision) and DS at 16 months is still allergic to both. Reflux was much improved, as was sleep.

It can take two weeks for the proteins to leave your body and another two to leave theirs before you see results though. Definitely worth a go. Kelly mom had some good info on it.

Forgetfulmog Sun 28-Jul-13 09:28:38

Yes I gave up dairy for 4 months. Dd was then dairy intolerant for about 1-2 months when I initially started weaning, also egg intolerant.

Now 10 mo & no intolerances

shelley72 Sun 28-Jul-13 09:12:19

Just to add, she has cows milk protein intolerance, notlactose intolerance.

shelley72 Sun 28-Jul-13 09:10:13

I did give up dairy because of reflux and sure enough in our case dd turned out to be (and still is) dairy intolerant. Have to say we did this under medical guidance (regular appts with paediatrician and dietician). When newborn their digestive systems take time to adjust so it may just be a case of that. Always best to get medical advice I think!

trinitybleu Sun 28-Jul-13 08:35:04

I tried going dairy free at about 8 weeks as she was really colicky and sick, had green nappies. She was better within 48 hours (not cured, but better) and then tested for lactose intolerance at 3 months which was positive.

Quick question, how old is your baby? DD had awful reflux at first, but it wasn't allergy related, and she grew out of it at about 12 weeks. When babies are born their digestive systems aren't that great, so most suffer from reflux to some degree. If it is really bad it is worth going to your GP for help.

If you've already been to the GP and been advised to go dairy free ignore me!

scruffylady Thu 04-Jul-13 23:40:58

I have a question for anyone who gave up dairy for their baby's reflux.

Did the baby then go on to be dairy intolerant once weaned? I am just trying this and its only day two so no change yet. It may not work but its worth a try. I would be interested to hear people's thoughts on whether it helps. Thank you!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now