This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material. If you've seen or heard something you felt was unsuitable for children — maybe a programme on TV or online, a film, an advert, a video game or something in a magazine — feel free to start a thread here to discuss it with other parents, and you can also make a complaint to the regulators via ParentPort.

A newbie!

(2 Posts)
IsGenWiz01 Mon 24-Jun-13 14:54:51

I just joined! I was in total desperation about nits and suddenly thought - 'My child is 7 and I have never been on 'mumsnet' despite hearing a lot about it' - so there I was, all happy and seeing a light at the end of the 'Am I Alone?' tunnel only to see a post starting with the words 'you lazy f***wit ...' - 'Classy!' I thought .... 'niiiiiiiiice' ...... am I being a diabolical prude?! And now my 'Am I Alone?' light seems to have started to burn even smaller .... but here goes ... nit question - after using the 'Full Marks' solution, using the nit comb, pulling each individual egg off each individual strand of hair, a valium, some pinot for good measure, etc etc I then did the whole oil-slick hair wash, conditioner etc, hairdryer etc etc and THEN - the straighteners - my thinking was that NOTHING can survive a 180 degrees ceramic plate! Does anyone else do this?! Am I being a f***wit ... (be kind - I'm menopausal, unable to sleep at night and having to sit through ANOTHER episode of H20) - thank you .....

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Mon 24-Jun-13 21:09:23

Hi IsGen,

You could ask MNHQ to move your thread to chat or parenting or children's health. (Just report your own post) I think this topic is about parenting vs. media stuff like adverts and so doesn't get that much traffic.

I'm going to bear your straighteners advice in mind for when DD has enough hair to get nits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now