This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material. If you've seen or heard something you felt was unsuitable for children — maybe a programme on TV or online, a film, an advert, a video game or something in a magazine — feel free to start a thread here to discuss it with other parents, and you can also make a complaint to the regulators via ParentPort.

Breastfeed poo stains

(14 Posts)
plannedshock Mon 10-Jun-13 08:03:24

Random question but what gets baby poo out of white baby grows? It's breastfeed poo and so far I've soaked them in bleach, used vanish and rinsed them ASAP and washed straight away. It's costing a fortune to keep binning them!

SoupDragon Mon 10-Jun-13 08:05:23

Sunlight!

MrsMagpieCovetsShinyThings Mon 10-Jun-13 08:07:39

we soak things in a washing up bowl of hot water with a scoop of non bio washing powder and liberal sprays of vanish, then put in washing machine. always worked for us so far.

LizTerrine Mon 10-Jun-13 08:12:13

Try soaking in Milton. Or just ignoring the stains like me, slattern that I am.

marzipananimal Mon 10-Jun-13 08:14:26

Hang in the sunshine to dry after washing, works like magic!

Nappysan, soak overnight, then hang on the line in direct sunlight. Or just ignore the stains, they grow so quickly they are out of them in no time!

Ashinagai Mon 10-Jun-13 08:39:24

Another vote for Napisan, give the stains a bit of a scrub, soak for a couple of hours, then throw in with the rest of the wash. Equally you could just ignore it as previous poster said, it won't fit in a couple of weeks anyway!wink

Daisy17 Mon 10-Jun-13 08:41:43

Sunshine again, it really works! If you can find some.....

ohforfoxsake Mon 10-Jun-13 08:48:04

Sunshine.

Vanish hygiene (the green one) is great for whiteness but it's sunshine that will get rid of the stains.

Pickle131 Tue 11-Jun-13 23:23:19

I just use a scoop of Tots Bots Potion in my wash. It's good even at 30 degrees

Liquid hand soap. Scrub that stain out as soon as you can, then pop in ordinary wash.

MumsAlterEgo Thu 10-Oct-13 20:54:24

Another vote for the sun! Even if it isn't bright as long as it is not raining you would be surprised at how well it works. I use cloth nappies which sometimes stain and the sun takes them right out.

Loobylou123 Wed 30-Oct-13 00:02:30

Got some sainsburys brand stain remover - like the vanish powder ink pink tub only cheaper. One scoop or a quick pre soak does the trick on after effects of exploding nappies so far!!

Mothercare nappy wash works.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now