This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material. If you've seen or heard something you felt was unsuitable for children — maybe a programme on TV or online, a film, an advert, a video game or something in a magazine — feel free to start a thread here to discuss it with other parents, and you can also make a complaint to the regulators via ParentPort.

is it safe to run yet?

(3 Posts)
mummyTP2 Thu 30-May-13 13:50:43

I had my second baby 3 months ago, I was very active before I fell pregnant but during pregnancy I developed severe pelvic girdle pain and sciatica then had an awful 12 day slow labour followed by a traumatic birth with an epidural that was put in wrong, and now I'm slowly recovering, I was able to walk within the first few weeks but struggle a bit with distances, I have been asked to do the race for life with a friend and her daughter, its always been something I've wanted to do ever since my nan died of cancer when I was a teenager but its in 4 months and I'm wondering if I should back out before its too late, will I be pushing myself to hard as id need to start training for it now

It's best to ask a professional. If I offered a yes and you injured yourself, I'd feel very bad and honestly don't know your pain level/how you have coped since giving birth to know when is best.

For most births they advise to wait at least 6 weeks but I waited til my 8 week check up but that's partially due to having a c section too.

But if they give you the all clear if you gradually worked your way up, I imagine it would be OK.

Plus if you can't complete it it's the competing that counts and doing something for a cause you truly believe in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now