This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material.

Best baby bottles? Please name the best

(7 Posts)
Mamabear12 Sun 19-May-13 09:39:05

I know all babies are different and some like certain bottles better. I already have one baby, well now 15 months so not a baby and we used avent bottles. I am pregnant again and wondering if I should just use the same or try something else.

What do you think? What did you use and why? I ended up using avent bc it came along with my sterilizer I did also try medela bottle bc it came with my pump. My baby liked avent better. I suspect bc the medela nipple was too small and pointy.

I had two other friends that really liked mam bottles.

AcrylicPlexiglass Sun 19-May-13 10:18:29

I liked nuk. Thought they looked funky.

Dr Browns, as it is literally the only type of bottle my baby will take. I left it very late to introduce her to a bottle as I was ebf, and that was a mistake as she then refused to take one.

I also like the funky anti colic air thing in the bottle. It looks cool and does appear to work!

PeachActiviaMinge Thu 23-May-13 18:07:52

We are using MAM anti colic self sterilizing. Love them paid just over £20 from Amazonfor a starter pack that grows with baby and had no need to buy a seperate sterilizer as they go in the microwave on their own.

delasi Sun 30-Jun-13 01:40:48

Avent Natural. Did a ton of research. Played with all my parent-friends' bottles. Did more research. Played more. Etc.

Super easy to clean. Nipple easy for baby. Simple. Considered the likes of MAM and Dr Brown but as one friend put it, don't really want to be doing some Lego-like construction at 4am... they have rave reviews and people love them, but I realised I just wanted something easy.

I do however follow the recommendation of just getting a few bottles and then if your DC happens to have real issues with feeding then you can try the likes of Dr Brown. We got the starter set which had 2 x 5oz and 2 x 9oz bottles, a brush and a dummy. Never used dummy. Ended up buying 4 more of the 9oz because they were just so good and it meant less frequent washing.

However, I would have considered giving these a go if they were out when I was pg, or this.

karinmaria Sun 30-Jun-13 04:28:41

Dr Brown. DS was colicky and the Avent bottles we started with just seemed to make it worse. The assembly isn't so bad and it's totally worth it as he's been a different baby since we started using them.

JackReacher Tue 03-Sep-13 09:11:05

Dr. Brown - very good. Plus you can buy the different teat sizes as they grow older separately without buying a new bottle.
Also I really like Nuby. In fact I hadn't had any Nuby product which I haven't liked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now