This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material. If you've seen or heard something you felt was unsuitable for children — maybe a programme on TV or online, a film, an advert, a video game or something in a magazine — feel free to start a thread here to discuss it with other parents, and you can also make a complaint to the regulators via ParentPort.

Sigh... Sometimes it's like working with a temp.

(5 Posts)
PerchanceToDream Fri 25-Jan-13 13:54:45

Yes, yes, I know, I'm really lucky to have DP and he is a GREAT DAD and I cannot even begin to fathom how hard it must be for single parents, of course, but sometimes, sometimes, it's easier when it's just me and DD.

Ever feel like this? Like when you have a temp at work and it's actually more hassle training them up, you might as well do all the work yourself. (Not temp's fault, obvs).

I'm supposed to be working from home. DP is in charge. He KNOWS she has to have a nap otherwise she's a horror - he's left it too late today and now she's overtired and off to a 2 year old's party to go and get filled up with cake. Imagine the scene. I know in a way I should just let him get on with it but I don't want all the other parents thinking DD's a horror just because she's tired and of course I want her to enjoy herself.

I didn't want to "nag" and tell him to put her down earlier.

Grrrr! Sorry for the rant! xxx

PS this is absolutely not a man-bashing thing - a stay at home dad friend said the same thing to me recently about his DS's mum!

extracrunchy Fri 25-Jan-13 14:15:21

Yep. I feel you! In the nicest possible way, sometimes it's just easier if I do it all myself...

PerchanceToDream Fri 25-Jan-13 14:28:13

Hehehe. Update: he's now sheepishly doing a 40 minute walk to this party so DD naps in her buggy. I win.

extracrunchy Sat 26-Jan-13 02:08:48

Sorted!!

Unacceptable Sat 26-Jan-13 02:24:03

I LOVE this!

The wording, not the situation.

Like working with a Temp...exactly the most perfect description.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now