This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material.

5 wk od sick after every feed.

(6 Posts)
Lavenderlane Wed 08-May-13 12:30:07

I have a 15 week old DS who has been diagnosed as having reflux. Some days he would be sick after every feed others not. He also did not get upset all the time. I know it's worrying but my advice would be to get him weighed regularly to ensure he is gaining weight and to speak to your health visitor about feeding less but more often. I'm breastfeeding but my HV advised me to try little often although my DS would have gone longer between feeds. From 6/7 weeks my DS vomiting seemed to settle for 4-5 weeks. Baby Gaviscon didn't work for us as he seemed to be in more pain with constipation as it thickens the contents of tummy.

rachi1990xx Tue 12-Mar-13 18:20:15

My son was like this by 5 weeks n health visitor said increase feeds but he was losing weight rapidly turned out when we took him to a and e to b checked he had pyloric stenosis n needed an operation not saying your child has this but its worth mentioning as if left 2 long can become dangetous. The operation is pretty routine n only takes 30 mins x hope this is useful x

sleepyhead1234 Thu 24-Jan-13 16:44:09

I did think reflux but there are no other signs. he doesn't seem in pain or anything? thanks will post there too smile

batteryhen Thu 24-Jan-13 16:36:22

Ps. You might get more replies if you ask for this thread to be moved to the breast/ bottle feeding section x

batteryhen Thu 24-Jan-13 16:33:38

Sounds like reflux? I thought my DS had it at one point. Some advice I read was to keep him more upright during feeds and keep him upright for 30 minutes after a feed too. Does he scream a lot as this can also be a sign? X

sleepyhead1234 Thu 24-Jan-13 16:28:54

Ds is on 4 oz of formula every 4 hrs, he enjoys it and drinks it fine. I wind halfway and he burps no problem however at the end he burps then he's sick i thren put him in bed tuck him in and ten mins later sick again. It's much worse at night. It's not that much but enough to need a clean outfit and clean sheets. I've tried winding for longer but that doesn't help. HV even said increase to 5 oz which i tried but hes being even more sick on 5!!

Anyone got any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now