This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material. If you've seen or heard something you felt was unsuitable for children — maybe a programme on TV or online, a film, an advert, a video game or something in a magazine — feel free to start a thread here to discuss it with other parents, and you can also make a complaint to the regulators via ParentPort.

Ryanair ad - yuk yuk yuk

(7 Posts)
thermalsinapril Sun 07-Apr-13 02:31:15

Glad that was banned! Talk about dated and inappropriate!

designergirl Thu 01-Mar-12 06:19:30

I haven't seen the Ryanair one but think they should ban the Virgin one. I find it quite demeaning to women

BeanAboutTown Wed 15-Feb-12 17:06:41

Um blush

It's for complaining about ads I think <points to explanation up there ^^>

I think moaning about air travel is optional, but frankly that's no reason not to join in

LeBOF Wed 15-Feb-12 16:25:58

What is ParentPort? Is it a new topic to complain about things to do with air travel?

BeanAboutTown Wed 15-Feb-12 16:23:36

Urgh, you mean the cartoonised air stewardess ones?

What is it about bloody ad execs and incredibly lame depictions of air stewardesses, anyway

TheBlackShiksa Wed 15-Feb-12 15:43:51

So pleased its banned, they should also ban those sexist Virgin airlines adverts too, can't stand them!

BeanAboutTown Wed 15-Feb-12 14:08:38

Don't like Ryanair anyway, so pleased to see that it's got banned for this

Interesting prospect, though, if ASA's going to start banning ads because 'the appearance, stance and gaze of the women…were likely to be seen as sexually suggestive'. Doesn't this cover about 30% of all advertising?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now