This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material.

The New Oreos TV ADVERT

(298 Posts)
bella0207 Sun 12-Feb-12 13:17:57

I find this TV advert very disturbing. It is for the biscuits ORIOS. In it, a three year old girl is under her bed sheet like a tent teaching her father - who's head then pokes in - how to eat an Orio. She narratives what she tells him to do, how to seperate the biscuit and then lick the cream inside which she does very suggestively. The father is watching her very carefully. She tells him it is naughty and says he must not do it. Later the father sneaks down to the kitchen and eats the ORIOS from the fridge. He licks his lips in a;p;proval, his face expressing ecstasy.The girl is seen standing behind her father looking disapproving. YUK, YUK, YUK, YUK, YUK

diddl Sun 12-Feb-12 13:36:58

So, to answer your question-here´s a big fat YABU.

TheCunningStunt Sun 12-Feb-12 13:36:58

YABU and a little mental. If you think a three year old can seem suggestive, then it's you that has issues I am affraid.

Sparklingbrook Sun 12-Feb-12 13:37:15

Thanks '*Gribble*, I can never find stuff on Youtube. I think the girl is very sweet ( a bit like a young Karen from Outnumbered), and the ad is absolutely fine. I can't see anything suggestive at all.

toomuchcheese Sun 12-Feb-12 13:37:33

"his face expressing ecstasy"

erm.... What exactly are you suggesting? That he is indulging in some sort of biscuit game below the camera shot?

I used to like licking the middle of custard creams when I was a kid, so do my kids now. Should I be concerned?

<baffled>

i think you must be a weird to see anything suggestive or whatever in that advert#

i hate oreo adverts because they promote bad manners but other than that..hmm

Magneto Sun 12-Feb-12 13:37:57

Oops sorry not what I meant to say, got distracted by ds aiming sticky jam hands at me while I read the post.

Ignore me <backs out of thread> blush

Distended Sun 12-Feb-12 13:37:58

yabu and creepy

Sparklingbrook Sun 12-Feb-12 13:38:34

Oreos are lovely, especially the ones with 'double filling'. Yum.

TheScarlettPimpernel Sun 12-Feb-12 13:40:07

You, madam, are as mad as a spoon.

Gribble Sun 12-Feb-12 13:40:36

Also OP you have obviously never seen ecstasy on a mans face if you think it looks like that, he just looks mildly satisfied.

Gribble Sun 12-Feb-12 13:41:56

<arf> @ "Double Filling"

insancerre Sun 12-Feb-12 13:42:25

hahahahahaha
what a weirdo, OP

MissMogwi Sun 12-Feb-12 13:42:47

YABU. Good grief.

HillyWallaby Sun 12-Feb-12 13:43:49

I haven't seen it, so forgive me if I make a judgement based on the OP's description alone.

OP, if the advert brings to mind early sexualisation of the girl and paedophilia leanings in the Dad, I suspect it might say more about your state of mind than about anything else.

Sparklingbrook Sun 12-Feb-12 13:44:00

Oh Gribble you are right. 'Double filling' sounds extremely suggestive. blush grin It's like 'Carry On Mumsnet'. grin

picnicbasketcase Sun 12-Feb-12 13:46:06

grin gribble

'AIBU to think my partner is cheating on me with this ham baguette? He had this look of ecstasy on his face when he'd eaten it...'

Ample Sun 12-Feb-12 13:47:13

My 5yo dd licks a cream biscuit filling just like that. It's not done in a suggestive way at all.
YABU. Get your head out of the gutter.

ps, the advert isn't v.good.

Gribble Sun 12-Feb-12 13:47:41

Sparkling I thought you did it deliberately, you know, in keeping with the tone of the OP grin

MissAnnersley Sun 12-Feb-12 13:48:23

Absolutely nothing wrong with the advert at all, apart from the fact dunking biscuits is gross.

How weird OP.

Sparklingbrook Sun 12-Feb-12 13:48:36

They do exist Gribble, they really do. grin

IQuiteLikeVodka Sun 12-Feb-12 13:49:04

YABU

IQuiteLikeVodka Sun 12-Feb-12 13:49:23

and weird

Kayano Sun 12-Feb-12 13:49:48

hmmhmmhmmhmmhmm

Wtaf YABU and weird and awful

Sparklingbrook Sun 12-Feb-12 13:51:34

Double Stuff <arf>

morecoffeepleaseholdthecake Sun 12-Feb-12 13:52:33

YABVVVVVVVVVVU! Nothing suggestive at all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now