This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material.

To wish the constant Disneyland adverts would feck the feck off?

(54 Posts)
AngiBolen Wed 25-Jan-12 19:22:47

What's with the constant guilt trip?

I really don't want to go to Disneyland. Neither does DH (Not enough to part with our hard earned cash, anyway) Our children do. Luckily they don't seem to be exposed to quite as much Disney advertising as I am. Or maybe they have learned not to ask for things they know they won't get.

But why do I feel like a crap parent because my children haven't been? Am I just really gullible to advertising? I think I need therapy to help me get over this (which would probably cost more than taking them to Disneyland).

geeandfeesmum Wed 12-Sep-12 18:24:21

meant to say "California & Paris" not "California in Paris" lol!!

Hulababy Wed 12-Sep-12 18:27:25

I can't see the issue with these ads anymore than any other holiday ad, or even any other advert for anything to do with children.

A Disneyland ad is no different to an ad for a beach holiday.

It only bothers you because you know that you don't want to go but your children would like to.

Tell them they can go when they are old enough to go and pay for it on their own.

Shanster Fri 05-Apr-13 02:34:05

I live in the US, in the state next to Florida and we are NOT taking our kids to Disney...ever. I hate the marketing, its almost as though you are a bad parent if its not your idea of a perfect family holiday.
Anyway, Florida is a Godforsaken place - so far this year a guy was killed when his home fell in a sink hole, they have a problem with 30ft long snakes who are eating the alligators (and they asked the public to go on shooting sprees and kills some), they have horrid gun laws (stand your ground = any excuse to shoot) and there are always hurricanes there. It hardly sounds idyllic does it????

SatsukiKusukabe Fri 05-Apr-13 04:32:15

you felt the need to ressurect this thread just to let us know that you hate Florida confused.. also you do realize two states border Florida both of which have all the same problems as Florida but with none of the world class beaches so saying the state that borders doesn't really explain where you are right? it also doesn't give you any insight to Florida as Florida is roughly the size of England and you would be fucking miles away from Orlando.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now