This discussion topic is in partnership with ParentPort, a website run by the UK's media regulators. They set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material.

NOW CLOSED: UK MNers - please take a short survey for ParentPort - you could win £150 of JL vouchers

(57 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Jan-12 12:07:49

The UK's media regulators set and enforce standards across the media to protect children from inappropriate material. This could be a programme on TV or online, a film, an advert, a video game or something in a magazine. They've created a new website called ParentPort. It tells you about the work they do and helps you make a complaint quickly and easily.

The ParentPort regulators are also running a survey which they would very much like UK MNers to complete - it is designed to explore your views on some specific questions about children and the media. The survey is open to all parents in the UK with at least one child or who have responsibility for children on a regular basis (eg childminder, grandparent). They are offering a prize draw, in which one winner will win £150 of John Lewis vouchers.

If you'd like to take part, please follow the link to the survey on the homepage of the ParentPort website.

The survey will be open from from 12 noon on Monday 16 January, closing at 12 noon on Monday 23 January. The survey should only take a few minutes to fill in, and you'll have the option to enter your name and email address if you want to enter the prize draw for the vouchers.

In addition, as you may have noticed, we've been asked by the ParentPort regulators to set up this new Talk Topic so that MNers can share their views and voice their concerns when it comes to children and the media. If some of the survey questions get you thinking, feel free to post your thoughts and/or start a discussion here.

Please note: The survey and prize draw are being run by Ofcom, one of the ParentPort regulators. You must be aged over 16 to enter. Please click here for full terms and conditions.

Many thanks,
MNHQ

Tee2072 Mon 16-Jan-12 12:12:42

Didn't we already do this?

mumatron Mon 16-Jan-12 12:45:14

I think I remember doing this already. or is it another one?

MollyintheMoon Mon 16-Jan-12 12:50:02

Done. Everyone else has done it so don't bother more chance for me to win grin

It's a different survey from last one

DeeCrepitude Mon 16-Jan-12 13:00:10

Fantastic website which I will be making use of.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Jan-12 13:39:18

yes - this is a different survey to the one we ran for them before....thanks!

Memoo Mon 16-Jan-12 13:41:34

All done smile

Jux Mon 16-Jan-12 13:44:18

I haven't already done this.

TBF, dd is pretty good and is quite easy to 'police' vis a vis media exposure, so at the moment I don't have much need for this. I can imagine that as the hormones rage exver more furiously this will change, and I will be up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

Bicnod Mon 16-Jan-12 14:12:33

Done smile

Done-though found I wanted to be able to put more justification clarification -on the questions about wether my child has watched a film above their age rating for example,ie Harry Potter not the entire SAW collection, but technically I suppose above age rated is just that, regardless of what film may be.

Hulababy Mon 16-Jan-12 14:59:46

Done

DharmaCeutical Mon 16-Jan-12 15:15:51

It is potentially a really good site. I've just noticed that they've changed something on it that I mentioned wasn't working in the last survey

<dizzy with power and influence>

mummy2maisie Mon 16-Jan-12 16:47:40

Done smile

GreatGooglyMoogly Mon 16-Jan-12 17:20:47

Do we put our MN Nickname at the end of the survey, or RL name?

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 16-Jan-12 17:34:02

GreatGoogly - you can put either, it's up to you

I'm trying but it's glitching madly. Will try later.

Hurrah, it finally went. smile

HoneyandHaycorns Mon 16-Jan-12 20:30:32

Done smile

MaeMobley Mon 16-Jan-12 21:35:43

Done too. Good idea.

PigeonStreet Mon 16-Jan-12 21:36:19

Done

Done, it seemed to have several "final" pages, I'm sure I pressed at least 3 "done" buttonsgrin

done

NannyPlumIsMyMum Mon 16-Jan-12 23:22:26

Done- great idea.

I've done it, but realised after I sent it that they were looking for unsuitable electric stuff not false eyelashes for a 10 YO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now