Child modelling i.e. Models Direct

(32 Posts)
simplesarah Wed 17-Feb-10 17:39:27

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Models Direct, good or bad!?
They've offered my daughter a 3 year contract but after looking around, there seems to be a lot of negativity about them and they've been on watchdog for supposedly scamming people.
It does seem that some people just take it personally when they don't get any work but i'm also concerned they're quite happy to just take your money anyway, no matter how many blonde haired, green eyed 3 year old girls they already havehmm.
I have applied to a few other companies but i've only heard back from 1 saying their books are full.
Any one help!?confused

Newtothisstuff Mon 12-Dec-11 21:59:30

Models direct took my money too.. I never heard from them again ! Scam scam scam !!!

FestiveFriedaWassailsAgain Mon 12-Dec-11 22:00:51

Very old thread folks

mummikim Fri 07-Sep-12 12:42:36

hi i have been looking for a lergit modeling agency for my 6 year old son in south west london i have had no luck in finding an agency i have applyed for a few but they havent got bk to me chilli kids are intrsted in resenting my son on there books has anyone been with chilli kids and assents please let me no what ur views are about them and if you no of any other lergit agencys in south london

mummikim Fri 07-Sep-12 12:48:25

i applyed to them to they wanted me to pay a lot of money to join them they kept ringing me every day saying they can get my son work i just need to pay the money and have heard they are a scam stay away fro them i am looking for an agency for my son in south london but cant find any agencys that dont change chiili kids modeling agency are intrested in resenting my son on here books was woundering if anyone has dealed with them

sarah007007 Fri 14-Sep-12 18:36:22

STAY AWAY from MODELS DIRECT. It is a disgrace that after all of the complaints that this company is allowed to operate. It has taken money of so many people knowing full well that they will not deliver anything. They just take your money and you never hear from them again. They emply softly spoken employees who flatter you and pay huge compliments about your baby being gorgeous knowing they will not get you any work. They make you believe it is your fault if no work comes up advising always to update pictures. They are a despicable, unethical operation. I'm sad even after 4 years since I was scammed (very embarrassed to have fallen for the patter) that they have not been shut down and sued as a business.

connie326 Tue 18-Sep-12 14:57:56

Chilli kids is owned by Viv Darlington, she is great she really know what she is doing. my older son joined them for a year and already had 3 jobs offered but we only went for 2, missed one because i was in hospital having my second son (which we were on our way to the job ) and now they are willing to take my second son too. REally pleased with Viv.

rockykiss Sat 10-Nov-12 16:13:52

Hi all new on here ,have found all your advise an eye opener ,just wanted to know if any of you have heard of( talent management) is suppose to be uk's largest employment agency who are regularly inspected by HM governments ?
have offered my little one a 3 year contracted....sound hopefully...
And also if any of you have ever gone to model guides..am having a bad experience with them they are not an agency,it is a model studio were they claim to give you a model day experience ,and at the end you can buy the photo's off them ,where they then try to sell you a package ,that youthink would help you in the right direction of your kid's modeling future... very expensive and a BIG ,BIG,scam ,As i am finding that the model advice and agency list's that they have given me ,i could of retrieved through looking on line... PLEASE BE CAREFUL as i think in this world today ,people are just out for your money and don't give a s*"^t

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now