Party games to amuse ten-year-old girls?

(9 Posts)
eemie Tue 14-Oct-08 09:30:29

We'll have eight of them for my daughter's birthday tea. I'm thinking of cake decorating, a treasure hunt with riddle clues, Consequences - any other suggestions? It's just a tea party, we can't rise to anything grander just now

Thanks in advance,

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Tue 14-Oct-08 09:32:31

we played the cutting up choc game at dds party(she was 9)the one wheer you have to wear the hat and the golves

and THBE most successsful game was the key on a string which two teams play. they have to feed ip up and down their clothes

HILARIOS

stroppyknickers Tue 14-Oct-08 09:42:59

Pass the parcel with forfeits inside. The hat game - put the name of a famous person on a hat/ headband (different ones obv) and they ask questions of each other to guess who they are.

eemie Tue 14-Oct-08 10:05:47

Thanks very much, hadn't thought of any of these. What's the cutting up choc game? If it involves choc it'll be a success I should think.

titchy Tue 14-Oct-08 10:12:12

Can you explain the key one Malory?

We have a 10 yo b'day soon too. Games on our list so far are:
Memorising items on a tray;
Treasure Hunt
Musical mats (when music stops have to stand on an increasingly small rug)
Charades
Team balloon-passing (have to pass down a line without using hands - when balloon gets to front of line that child runs to back and starts again till 1st person back at front of line).
General knowledge quiz.

Could also get them to make pizzas, bracelets, do nails etc.

christywhisty Tue 14-Oct-08 11:49:43

We have done cake decorating at DD's (11) last 2 parties and it has been very successful, keeps them occupied for ages. This year I bought gingerbread men as well to decorate.
I also found at that age they were happy to sit in the garden and chat and a bit of singstar on the ps2.

MaloryDontDiveItsShallow Tue 14-Oct-08 12:00:06

choco game

2 teams

each team needs a dice/hat/scarf/gloves/knife and fork

the first person rolls the dice.if they get a six they have to out the hat etc on and start to cut up the choc with knife and fork

meanwhile the dice is being passed around and each person gets throw.when the next 6 is thrown THAT person dresses up and starts cutting/eating choco tilo the next 6 is thrown

its fab.and V funny

pofaced Tue 14-Oct-08 12:10:57

sorry... still don't get chooc game: how big is the piece of chocolate? Does it mean everyone ends up trying to cut chocolate at the same time??

A popular one here for 10th party was t-shirt painting: buy cheap white cotton t-shirts and 3 pots of fabric paint and provide brushes and plates for mixing colours. Paint is better than markers because they can share it and mix colours. We've also done pizza making/ sundae making but it was too much "making" - they do want to just chill a bit too!

eemie Tue 14-Oct-08 18:25:06

Thanks everyone - enough ideas for several birthdays here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now