Worst thing your toddler has got up to unsupervised

(268 Posts)
MiaWallace Mon 05-Mar-07 16:51:55

Following on from the thread about leaving toddlers to play unsupervised -

What is the worst thing yours has got up to when unsupervised?

Dd managed to get a tub of emulsion out of a cupboard with a safety lock on it, somehow got the lid of the tub, and then proceeded to smear the emulsion all over the stair carpet and banister.

What tales of destruction have you got?

Sycamoretree Fri 08-May-09 10:03:41

And tables don't have slides down the other side hmm

Sycamoretree Fri 08-May-09 10:02:46

My sisters DS broke his collar bone climbing out of his high chair at the same age.

And no, he could not climb down a table. It doesn't follow that what you can climb up you can climb down. Cats-trees type scenario, you see?

Yes, I think you are in the minority not to be scared by that, even momentarily.

nappyaddict Thu 07-May-09 23:20:54

Oh right. DS has freqently sat/stood on the table and worktop. I'm of the thinking if they can get up there safely they can generally get down safely and if it's not as high as the slides which he has been going up since he could crawl then he probably won't come to too much harm. I obviously don't scare very easily!

TheArmadillo Thu 07-May-09 23:02:50

I love this thread grin

since I first posted on it ds (now 4) has

at about 2 the day before us going on holiday whilst I was finishing packing, got the brand new huge tub of sudocreme of the top of the dresser and covered himself and the table with it. I walked in, he looked at me and said 'wasn't me'.

He also coloured in all the stripes on our hallway radiator at some point.

Whilst I was out of sight for 2 minutes he managed to get dp's saw, hammer and other assorted tools and dp came in to find him 'making things'.

Sycamoretree Thu 07-May-09 22:05:14

Erm, because he'd managed to climb up a high chair and onto a high table and could have fallen off if I hadn't come in and grabbed him - and like, broken some bones?

nappyaddict Thu 07-May-09 17:19:45

Why a heart attack?

Sycamoretree Thu 07-May-09 16:03:22

Not destructive but very shock-ing.

Walked into lounge to find DS approx 15 months sat in the middle of the dining room table next the fruit bowl, and apple in eat hand, a bite out of each, and two hamster cheeks full.

I didn't know whether to PMSL or have a heart attack.

prettyfly1 Thu 07-May-09 15:45:26

Lol. My son has done the sudocreme thing, made me a "cake" at six in the morning and followed the list up with various sick and disgusting things but NOTHING beats what he did to his step brother a couple of weeks ago.

DSS (6 1/2) and DS (3 nearly 4) were in the bath, I went downstairs to grab fresh towels. DSS can be a bit of a bully and took the opportunity to splash as much water in ds face as possible. Wouldnt stop so DS peed at him. And got it in his mouth. Cue gagging from dss and a concerned call from his mother. joy.

Mumcentreplus Thu 07-May-09 14:25:47

I'm not convinced either!grin after I read it the words 'malodorous scent' have stuck in my mind <<bleurg>>

MarthaMedicine Thu 07-May-09 13:21:43

Mumcentreplus - shock Many thanks smile

I have to say, I am not convinced that such an istrument would enhance my sexual pleasure at all.

I am however happy to take on board the advice that "Many dildos lack a flared end, and thus it is ill-advised to use such dildos anally, since they may get stuck, requiring medical extraction".

LissyGlitter Thu 07-May-09 13:06:19

Earlier today, DD wandered from the living room into the kitchen and straight back, like she is often doing, only this time, she then came up to me and said "mummy, hot!" I wasn't too alarmed, as she is always talking nonsense, so I casually asked her what was hot and she took my hand and led me to the oven, which she had turned on...I think it's time to start shutting the kitchen door!

Mumcentreplus Thu 07-May-09 12:50:49

DD1 @ 18mths did a poo and promptly spread it all over the living room floor (thank god for wooden flooring!)I think it was a dirty protest!..I only left her to go talk to DH in another room for about 5 minutes!

when we came out and saw the mess all we could do was laugh/cry! grin..I had to wrap plastic bags on my feet to clean it up...how a small child could do such a huge poo and spread it such a short time?hmm

DDs washed my DHs moblie phone in the toilet grin

DD1 tried to powder DD2 and covered her face in baby powder all you could see were 2 little eyes looking out!

various times they covered themselves/furniture/toys with creams,lotions,vaseline,food,body glitter etc etc

Mumcentreplus Thu 07-May-09 12:33:27

MM grin

here

MarthaMedicine Thu 07-May-09 12:18:27

After reading through all this, I now need to know.....

What is a buttplug???

Please???

willali Thu 07-May-09 11:51:17

fuzzy peach - are you me??

willali Thu 07-May-09 11:50:45

DD aged 3 climbed from bed onto wide window ledge, opened (first floor)window and, hanging on to the centre strut of the window frame, leaned out and waved to all and sundry outside. I found her with most of her body outside the house and did a Bionic woman type leap across the room (obv in slo mo) and grabbed her in.

I still wake up in a cold sweat about this 6 years later.....

fuzzypeach Wed 06-May-09 22:10:55

also...
I was trying to open a packet of something or other for her once and she dissapeared off and came back holding an extremely large kitchen knife "to help you open it mummy!" which she had got out of the kitchen drawer -to make matters worse - we had someone from the local council parenting team round talking to us about a positive parenting course which we were starting!!

fuzzypeach Wed 06-May-09 22:07:07

DD1 (was aged 3 at the time) managed to open her own bedroom window (by standing on a chair to get on top of her drawers to reach the shelf above them to get to key!) and I walked in her room to see her standing on her window sill leaning out of the window (which is the bigger than her and opens outwards) waving "bye" to daddy - i nearly had a heart attack and screamed which I realised, on reflection was a bad idea as I could have made her jump and therefore fall out of the window shock

nappyaddict Wed 06-May-09 21:54:20

Emptied cereal on the floor
Emptied the fridge including smashing all the eggs
This thread is hilarious grin

Pulled everything off my dressing table one morning when he came into wake me up and I was trying to carry on dozing.
Climbed onto the table and then the window sill and also climbed onto the arm of the sofa and then been dangling from the sofa whilst I've been asleep and left him watching TV.
Fished toilet paper out of the toilet
Wheeled the other office chair out of the office without me noticing whilst I've been MNing blush
Run off up the road whilst I've been MNing blush blush The noises coming from the garden were becoming a bit distant and realised he was up the side entrance and the gate was open. Got up immediately to get him and somehow in seconds he had got to the end of the road despite being the slowest runner in the world for his age.

KTNoo Tue 10-Mar-09 18:02:17

Not my dc but today my friend told me that while they were at her dh's boss's house, ds age 2 went off to the loo, when they went to find him he had pooed in the bidet and tried to clean it up with host's toothbrushes.

upagumtree Tue 10-Mar-09 13:42:51

New one to add. Yesterday he ate the cats food. Cold Whiskas...yumm <barf>

upagumtree Mon 09-Mar-09 10:10:11

telephoned emergency services

Ate a spider

Ate the cat litter in the cat litter

tray...yes it was soiled!

Managed to negotiate harness in the highchair, fell out and whacked his head on the floor

Put the computer mouse down the loo

Boco Mon 09-Mar-09 09:56:55

dd2 has

taken my mobile phone, coated it in sudocrem and floated it in the paddling pool

put the nitty gritty comb on the fire.

drawn on the walls

dd1 - cut her sisters hair into asymmetrical mullet.

mm22bys Mon 09-Mar-09 09:53:32

I posted about DS1 before, well we have our own DS2 story now.

He is 27 months, and the other day DS1 and I were packing the car (for maybe 2 minutes).

DS2 was inside with DH (or so we thought).

When I got inside, I couldn't find DS2 anywhere. I thought DH had him, DH thought I had him.

DH said for me to look around the house (again) - still couldn't find him, while he went down the street to find him.

He found him half way to the station.

This is the same little boy who we were told when he was 10 months old may never walk....

nannyL Sun 08-Mar-09 06:18:32

a 'toddler' of my generation, so now an adult:

got mummies keys off high shelf, by climbing shelf , unlocked front door, went out, unlocked car, got in car, took off handbrake, ()drive was on a slope so car crashed into garage shock

all in a matter of minutes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now