Is it really tonsillitis???? He has stomach pain and can hardly walk

(11 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Sat 26-Nov-16 11:49:52

My 3 year old has bad stomach pains and if he try's to walk it hurts more. It's only been a few hours since it started but of course I went straight to the walk in and he was seen by a nurse and a dr and the nurse was worried he looked so pale but couldn't find anything to pin point what was wrong so got the dr and the dr said it's tonsiltis so i said the pain is in his stomach she said that is very common and has given anti biotocs and sent us on our way....... anyone heard of this?

DearTeddyRobinson Sat 26-Nov-16 11:54:43

I'm no medic but I had tonsillitis loads of times till I got them removed, and I can assure you it never affected my stomach!!
I would call 111, if he could hardly walk that would really worry me.

treaclesoda Sat 26-Nov-16 11:59:06

I can't say if it is or isn't, but I do know that a relative was hospitalised as a 3 year old with suspected appendicitis and it turned out to be tonsillitis. They're almost 30 now, so a long time ago.

However, if you're worried then you should seek a second opinion, it's OK to follow your instincts.

Berthatydfil Sat 26-Nov-16 12:00:46

Google mestenteric adenitis, the lymph glands around the intestines get inflamed from the infection and it can cause severe stomach pains.
It's very common with tonsillitis.

Bingybongybashy Sat 26-Nov-16 12:04:35

Yep my sons gets tummy pains with tonsillitis. He's 5. I've heard it's very common! Adults don't but kids can!

fleabagmonkey Sat 26-Nov-16 12:25:01

Whenever my son used to get tonsillitis he would get stomach pain. All his lymph nodes would be up and in a small child the ones in his tummy are particularly affected.

trinitybleu Sat 26-Nov-16 12:25:20

I get bad stomach aches with tonsillitis but if you're not happy with him and think it's something more, seek more medical advice.

Em3978 Sat 26-Nov-16 12:29:53

I can't eat when I have tonsillitis, purely because of the stomach ache and severe nausea sad

abbsisspartacus Sat 26-Nov-16 12:32:29

Yup common over here too my middle one ends up doubled up in severe pain due to the glands swelling up regular Calpol is your friend

Pinkkahori Sat 26-Nov-16 12:33:44

My dd always complains of her stomach first when she has tonsilitis

Nikki2ol6 Sat 26-Nov-16 12:36:58

Oh wow how intresting!! Well thanx everyone if he's in a lot more pain or anything gets worse I will go for a second opinion

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now