Mediation

(1 Post)
user1479890855 Wed 23-Nov-16 09:00:58

Any advice please.....
My ex has told me that he is going to start the process of applying for a contact order; the first step is to attempt mediation apparently & he has told me that I will receive a letter/call in next couple of weeks inviting me to mediation sessions. The problem is that I cannot afford to go, they are around £130 per hour/session and it could take several sessions to come to an agreement. I do not qualify for legal aid asmy household income is above the threshold. My problem is that if I don't go he will apply for the order & it will go to court & I have been advised that it's better to go through mediation than let it go to court. My ex has been very open & honest about the situation but when I suggest just us sitting down & putting an agreement together he says he'd rather go this route as it's more formal & cant just be changed. I would just like any advice from someone who has been in similar position & maybe has suggestion of a different way to resolve this issue

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now