Which baby monitor with sensor pad.....

(14 Posts)
Craftycakey15 Sat 19-Nov-16 19:33:10

... I have heard of the Angelcare one but it's £200. Can anyone recommend a great one please?

Floridasunset Sat 19-Nov-16 20:47:39

We use the angel care and although it is expensive it has been brilliant. Gives us peace of mind, especially in those early days

Wildidle Sat 19-Nov-16 20:52:48

Try gumtree, I got the Angelcare monitor with pad for £20!

AyeAmarok Sat 19-Nov-16 20:56:28

Florida how often do you find it has spurious alarms?

Longdistance Sat 19-Nov-16 20:56:53

I sold my angel care monitor.

Get in second hand.

A lot cheaper than a brand new one.

They last well.

Floridasunset Sat 19-Nov-16 21:10:43

Very rarely. It gave the warning alarm a few times in the first few weeks old. I'm not sure if these were false alarms or if they did their job in getting dd out of a deep sleep (which is what the manual says it is supposed to do) as they didn't progress to full alarms.

Floridasunset Sat 19-Nov-16 21:12:53

I'm now pregnant with our second and interested in other recommendations as you can't have two of the same angelcare monitors in the same house

AyeAmarok Sat 19-Nov-16 21:14:21

Thanks Florida.

firsttimemum15 Sat 19-Nov-16 21:17:57

My baby is a still sleeper. I got a sensor pad not an angelacre one and a monitor of a diff brand. Gives me peace of mind

firsttimemum15 Sat 19-Nov-16 21:18:09

I can look at brand tomorrow

dementedpixie Sat 19-Nov-16 21:21:46

There is no evidence that they help prevent cot death so I never used a sensor one with either of my children

passingthrough1 Sun 20-Nov-16 10:54:42

I got one but used one night and never again. It's the switching off when you get them up I don't think I considered.... you get them up so many times and then try to put down and they don't settle so it 2 mins later and then down and then up again 30 mins and then you're feeding them for an hour and a half etc. The angelcare one you can pause and switch off the sensor pad easily but doing it is still a bit of a pain so often and I kept forgetting when I was half asleep. Also the pad thing doesn't last on battery that long, maybe 6 hours, and then beeps at you that it's out of battery. So you have plugged in the whole time which adds to the faff of switching on and off about 15 times a night.

firsttimemum15 Sun 20-Nov-16 18:53:44

Mine is good on battery.

It has a small warning beep if you forget to switch off not a full alarm....

They may not have been proved to help prevent anything but presumably they havent been proven to cause any harm either though so im going with it. I will find the link to the one i have. I am reassured because i dont have a wriggly sleeper. X

firsttimemum15 Sun 20-Nov-16 18:54:55

www.google.co.uk/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-samsung&source=android-browser&q=nanny+baby+respiration+monitor&gfe_rd=cr&ei=afExWK6XF6OG7gS01oq4CQ

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now