I feel like a bad mother...

(11 Posts)
BrodysMummy16 Wed 09-Nov-16 17:38:07

I was getting my 16 weeks old son out of his car seat and I accidentally hit his head off the roof of the car. It's quite hollow but it doesn't make the fact that I bumped my sons head any better. He cried hysterically for around 20 seconds, drank his bottle and he's now fell asleep. Has this happened to other mammys or just mesad

whifflesqueak Wed 09-Nov-16 17:39:29

literally everyone has done this. it's okay.

Apanicaday Wed 09-Nov-16 17:42:03

You are definitely not alone. I trapped my DSs finger in the car door when he was 2, and cut it deeply enough that I thought I'd taken the top off altogether. I also bumped his head on the doorframe as a baby. Accidents happen - don't be hard on yourself.

HorridHenrietta2 Wed 09-Nov-16 17:44:37

Not alone at all, most mums have done something.
Apart from obviously making sure there's no lasting damage, I would put this out of your mind. You didn't do it on purpose, these things happen.

BrodysMummy16 Wed 09-Nov-16 17:44:48

I always try and be careful but today I wasn't careful enough. I don't think he's in any pain because he's not crying or moaning. I can't believe how bad I feel. Thank yous for replying, it has put me at ease a lotsmile

bluenose1986 Wed 09-Nov-16 17:45:33

I know someone who was walking down the stairs holding his newborn slipped and instinctively through his hands out to stop him falling but in turn dropped the baby down the stairs!!
Everything was ok and baby was unharmed didn't even cry and now a healthy and happy 18 year old but accidents happen especially with new babies.
Try to not beat yourself up about it smile

MrsJayy Wed 09-Nov-16 17:45:33

I bumped 4 month old dds head on an outside window sil i was in aunts garden sitting feeding her punted her up to wind her .god the noise i felt sick for hours afterwards. Just keep an eye on him if he vomits more than once 4 or seems grizzilier than normal wake him before his next feed to make sure he is ok im not trying to scare you but if you see any changes in him get him checked out

BrodysMummy16 Wed 09-Nov-16 17:49:56

Thank you all. I will definitely keep an eye on him incase anything changes.

wineusuallyhelps Wed 09-Nov-16 20:20:04

I bumped newborn heads on door frames several times. Once I even got distracted and my 1yo grabbed my cup of tea and poured it down himself confused. Fortunately he was wearing a plastic bib...you get one or two scares for free to remind you to be more careful, I think.

All will be well, I'm sure!

ChocolateForAll Wed 09-Nov-16 20:22:38

I did this to baby DD yesterday! Also fell down stairs when other DD was teeny and I was holding her. Both DDs fine. Don't worry.

Timetogrowup2016 Thu 10-Nov-16 09:48:41

Oh don't worry my mum done that to my dd by accident. She's fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now