Please reassure me it's ok

(7 Posts)
CrackedActress Sun 06-Nov-16 18:27:22

That on this pissy rainy day all I've done is watch kids films and read, with the occasional song and chase, with my 20 mo. And not done crafts or painting or stuff. I genuinely feel like a bit of a shit mum as I only see him on weekends cos I work FT.

nannynick Sun 06-Nov-16 18:32:30

Sounds fine to me. Keep in mind that spending quality time together is important - not what you do during that time. You have spent quality time watching films/TV, playing game of chase. You have a happy child to show for your efforts and I hope you are happy yourself.

polkadotdelight Sun 06-Nov-16 18:37:33

DS (aged 2) has pottered around the house all day. He had a brief play in the garden and refused to go out with DH to do the shopping so stayed at home with me. We rush all the time for work etc so nothing wrong with a day at home.

Ijustworkhere Sun 06-Nov-16 19:32:21

spending quality time together is important - not what you do during that time

^ this^! Couldn't agree more. Its important to be able to just enjoy each other's company.

uhoh2016 Sun 06-Nov-16 19:41:23

I've got 3 dc and can honestly say I've never done arts and crafts at home with them ( apart from colouring with crayons/pencils ) that's what nursery and school is for to do all that messy stuff.
So you've had a lazy day so what? Even 20mo need lazy days too, the point is you've had a lazy day together x

Smartleatherbag Sun 06-Nov-16 19:43:41

That's a great day! It's important to teach your child how to relax and just potter about. So much of modern life is goal oriented and 'worthy' stuff. But being together and enjoying each other's company is wonderful.

Passmethecrisps Sun 06-Nov-16 19:46:15

If you have both smiled and laughed then I would say that is a winning day. I think it is all too easy to fall into a trap of over activity which results in disappointment and stress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now