Sleep routine

(5 Posts)
user1478203739 Thu 03-Nov-16 20:21:00

Hi!!!
I need a little bit of help and advice:my 4 months old monkey won't go to sleep before 10-11 pm-any advice on a bedtime routine?
Also as he started rolling, I am afraid of trying and put him in his cot, however will have to at some point-any ideas how to make the transition from sleeping in our bed to his?

Many thanks in advance

Liskee Thu 03-Nov-16 21:45:52

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon here and follow this thread!! DS1 set his own bedtime and was in bed each night by 7.30 at this stage. DS2 is currently on my
lap smiling gummily up at me...

Stef27 Fri 04-Nov-16 09:50:20

Thank you very much for your reply and apologies if the topic was already opened,I was just worried and did not read the topics.I can only hope he will do the same and set his own routine as he grows.
Many thanks again

belleface Fri 04-Nov-16 14:13:14

Hi OP

Is your baby having a late afternoon nap? You may find if you cut out that nap (and adjust the other naps accordingly), you can move his bedtime earlier. Routine is personal, but for me when mine were that age, we did quiet time (with lights low) and feed, bath, more milk if necessary then bed.

Might be worth a try?!

Stef27 Fri 04-Nov-16 15:41:49

Hi.He has a 2-3h sleep between 10-12 until 12-14 depending what time he wakes up and than another one again depending on how long he slept before,but he wakes up at 4 pm latest.after that it is playing,reading,breast,bath,more playing,u name it but he does not want to fall asleep until 10,I am just hoping that he will grow out of it.Also I am trying to put him to bed 10 min earlier than usual every 2-3 days,hoping it will work.It might be because of colics,he had really bad ones usualy @10.Many thanks for the advice I'll try what u suggested maybe it will work.Many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now