Prohibited Steps Order

(3 Posts)
rockp4per Tue 01-Nov-16 20:16:18

I went to court two years ago to take an emergency prohibited steps order against my ex from removing kids from anyone that i have left them with, including school and removing them out of the country. is there a time limit for this, do i need to renew it? or does it last until he tries to go to court to get it changed? some background - history of dv and rape - arrested for both plus child cruelty but no charge as yet. no contact for two years. but just worried and want to know

Crazycatlady83 Tue 01-Nov-16 20:29:48

Unless the order specifically states a end date, it will last until your child reaches adulthood. I would have thought however that the Judge would have made another hearing date after the first emergency hearing so the order could be reviewed, and your ex p would have been served with the order / invited to attend this hearing

Hope everything gets sorted for you soon flowers

rockp4per Tue 01-Nov-16 20:32:32

Thats right, he did a week later and ex agreed to not see kids and to everything i said.. had a look on the final court order and it has no duration.. hope its till their 16 then.. thanks alot !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now