Nearly 10 week old DS been asleep loads today - growth spurt?

(1 Post)
fruityb Tue 01-Nov-16 14:22:46

My DS has fallen into a good routine where he wakes up between 5-7 and has a feed then usually goes back to sleep for an hour or two. He feeds every 3.5 to 4 hours and we follow the EASY routine where we can. Sometimes he has a quick nap after a feed but generally we'll play a bit and then he nods off. He's started nattering a lot and taking an interest in everything and can lay in his baby gym for ages watching.

Today he woke up about half five and had a feed and went back to sleep till about 8. He had another feed at 9 but then cried and cried after till he crashed at about 10 and slept for two hours! Woke up for another feed and was awake an hour, during which he cried and giggled alternately, and is now fast asleep on me. He doesn't want to be put down and just wants snuggles - which is fine obviously but he's not normally this clingy. Nor this sleepy!

Could this be another growth spurt? He's not really been like this since before the 3 week one he had, where he slept constantly for about 3 days beforehand and then we had the day from hell at the end (won't forget that one in a hurry!) He just wants me and sleep. Or am wondering if he's feeling a bit poorly, though no temp or anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now