Getting 9 month old to drink milk

(3 Posts)
catbertha Sun 30-Oct-16 10:10:47

My 9 month old has been breast fed up until now but 5 days ago went on a nursing strike. I've tried everything but she is not persuadable back on to the boob. That's fine - after 9 months she's had a good go, but I'm struggling to get her to drink formula. She's never been on the bottle and she sips water from a doidy cup, but refuses milk (formula or expressed milk). Any suggestions?

JayDot500 Sun 30-Oct-16 15:57:55

I've no useful suggestions for your exact situation, but my 9 month old had a milk strike a few days last week too! I resorted to taking him into a dark room so he'd drink without distraction. Worked a little bit but had to feed him more food so I could feel better about his intake for the day sad.

He's begun drinking normally again. Don't really know what happened confused

catbertha Sun 30-Oct-16 16:44:15

Thanks JayDot500. I know why she stopped feeding - had a bad experience of a feed with a combination of teething, being bunged up with a cold and me yelping when she bit me! When I try feeding her she just cries and refuses to latch on. I've read a lot about nursing strikes and tried all those suggestions to no avail! Hence my looking at alternatives. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now