Ever had a 'twitchy mum' moment?

(6 Posts)
Glitterbug83 Thu 27-Oct-16 18:23:59

Has anyone here ever had a moment where they've felt like a twitchy mum ie borderline neurotic in the eyes of others? Care to share? What happened and how did you feel after? Did you have to remedy the situation?

PassiveAgressiveQueen Thu 27-Oct-16 18:48:55

How about you tell us yours first!

Glitterbug83 Thu 27-Oct-16 20:59:52

Lol, I'm 9 weeks in so not got many... I do get twitchy about the whole Incessant bouncing/rocking of my baby which I know is totally irrational... I asked my brother in law to stop rocking her and in seconds realised I sounded like a total nutter... Trying to reign it in by the day! I was also initially not keen on anyone holding my baby so wore her in a sling a lot initially... Then realised that's yet another twitchy thing to do and not good for her future. Guess I've just got strong mama bear instincts!

Freshprincess Thu 27-Oct-16 21:02:31

It's called PFB (precious first born) round these parts.
Im 13 years in and still do it. I'm way too embarrassed to even contemplate posting from the baby years.

DailyMailPenisPieces Thu 27-Oct-16 21:24:16

Normal OP grin It will get better - give it a few decades (I'm still waiting! ).

Georgeofthejungle Thu 27-Oct-16 22:43:19

I'm with you on the rocking! And also in hosp they wanted me to put DS crib at an angle. I said no as he wouldn't be at an angle at home!

I also will not give him puréed baby mush out of packets. Never in my life did I think I would be one of these mums! I thought I'd of been all over the convenience baby food but I just can't bring myself to do it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now