Toddler has sore arm after Men B jab

(7 Posts)
SandysMam Mon 24-Oct-16 13:55:23

Paid for Men B jab, had second one at Boots yesterday and toddler is still complaining his arm hurts and not using it fully. Is this a normal side effect for a jab? It's been 24 hours. Thanks!

Pickled0nions Mon 24-Oct-16 13:56:33

Yeah I would think it would be sore.
Some people react to injections, will be sore or swollen for a few days. He might even not want to lie on the side of his arm.

Just keep him comfortable, give it a week to settle.

SandysMam Mon 24-Oct-16 14:10:37

Thank you! Just horrible to see him in pain because of something I made him do!!

melonribena Mon 24-Oct-16 14:22:01

This happened to my 4 year old after his. He complained for a day or two but was fine after that. He had no other side effects.

This happened for both of his men b jabs

ShelaghTurner Mon 24-Oct-16 14:24:48

My eldest in particular had a terribly sore arm and huge bump after her first jab. Not too bad after the second. Youngest wasn't really affected at all. People just react differently I guess. Not nice but all in a good cause.

MissCalamity Mon 24-Oct-16 17:54:07

My toddler DD had her 2nd on Friday & still flinches if I touch her arm, she is moving it a lot better now though. She was fine with her 1st jab & with my 6 year old it was the other way round!

SandysMam Mon 24-Oct-16 19:28:01

Thank you all! I feel better now!x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now