Miserable 10 year old.....

(5 Posts)
BaconAndAvocado Sun 23-Oct-16 20:26:59

DS2, who has just turned 10 seems to be miserable/whinging/brattish/entitled nearly all the time lately.

I'm pretty sure he's not being bullied .

He used to be such a sunny child.....

Is this the start of the hormone surge??

EnthusiasticEdna Sun 23-Oct-16 20:35:36

Sounds tired maybe? Irritability can make children behave in a brattish way. A couple of years back I found that my dd was turning lights back on after I left hwr and reading / playing into the night. She was otherwise well behaved so I wasn't naturally suspicious

BaconAndAvocado Sun 23-Oct-16 20:42:49

Tiredness definitely exacerbates things Enthusiastic but I don't think he can be tired most of the time?

Sometimes I just wonder whether that's going to be his personality?

When he's really negative I tend to question him as in, How can you be so moany? What have you got to be moany about?

Maybe I Should change my approach? It just upsets me to see him like that but it also,angers me as there's absolutely no reason (in my mind) for hjm to be so down.

Thirtyrock39 Sun 23-Oct-16 20:47:36

i could have written the same post about my 10 yo daughter. really stroppy, sloth like cant be bothered with much. defintelythink at 10 its hormones + we have just had half term and think its that awkward inbetween age where they don't know what to do with themselves- to old for most toys, cant be on screens non stop etc.. mine has a few issues with not many friends and gets fed up as younger sister very populr and that can come to a head in holidays.

Redcliff Sun 23-Oct-16 21:52:27

My 9 year old can be like this. I've started reading "how to talk so your kids will listen" and applying some of it and have seen a change. I think it's hard being a kid sometimes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now