How to stop the climbing?

(4 Posts)
uhoh2016 Tue 18-Oct-16 16:53:21

Ds is 21m he climbs everything constantly. He's also a little houdini he can get out of straps in the high chair. It really isn't safe to leave him for a second with him being a bloody ninja climbing up on anything like lightning. He's like a whippet up the stairs too. He can climb in and out the high chair and stand up on it feeling very pleased with himself (I stood next to him whilst he did this so I could see how far he'd actually climb and I could've caught him if he fell)
I used to be Able to put him in the cot whilst I got ready or put washing away but he can now get out of that too.
How can I stop him ? I'm literally behind him constantly

ThatsNotMyToddler Thu 20-Oct-16 02:36:03

I'm not sure there's any way to stop him <helpful> but now is the time to make sure your bookcases, chests of drawers etc are attached to the walls so can't fall on him when he climbs them.

He'll probably grow out of it... confused

DixieWishbone Thu 20-Oct-16 02:45:35

He is probably old enough to start understanding if you tell him furniture is not for climbing on and take him to the park to climb on things that are safe for him to climb on. I bought a small plastic climber for my DC so they could climb up stuff and slide down it in the garden like [[ store.schoolspecialty.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?minisite=10046&item=5238201&gclid=CjwKEAjws5zABRDqkoOniLqfywESJACjdoiGcLnqSyC1LYpmhfaZlyH-Ub2qpSw-Mhh8F8r6fmW49RoCcVXw_wcB this]]. If you look on Craigslist or similar you may find one advertised for a lot less money. I think we got ours second hand at a yard sale.

As ThatIs recommended, make sure furniture is secured to the wall. I removed the lower shelves from our bookshelves so the DC couldn't use them as a ladder to cimb up.

Kiwiinkits Thu 20-Oct-16 03:07:12

For the straps on the highchair, and the straps on carseats, try one of these
www.houdinistop.com/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now