Infacol v dentinox for colic

(9 Posts)
nuggles Tue 18-Oct-16 10:14:39

My DS is 4 weeks and has developed colic the past few days. Health visitor advised to buy either infacol or dentinox.

Reviews on infacol don't seem so great so I'm unsure which to try. My poor little man cried and looked to be in agony until 3am this morning 😢 So I'm desperate to try anything to help him

Reetpetite17 Tue 18-Oct-16 10:58:54

I used Infacol only because that's what was suggested to me. But I didn't feel like it did much so threw it. Do you have Gripe Water? That's what I used. Though DS didn't have any form of colic. Gripe Water can't be given to baby under 1 month and think it needs to be stored in the fridge. You should be able to buy it in the baby medicine aisle, Boots or Superdrug.

If your baby starts to squirm in pain with a high pitched cry, hard belly, go to your GP. They say they can't do much but there is a certain way to move their hips to their belly to relieve trapped wind, maybe you could youtube it. Worked for nephew.

Soubriquet Tue 18-Oct-16 11:02:09

I've used infacol and dentinox

We found dentinox more effective

TwoDrifters Tue 18-Oct-16 11:07:19

We had a miracle breakthrough with "Colic Calm" which I bought off of either Amazon or eBay, I can't remember now! But it really did work.

lemoncakes Tue 18-Oct-16 11:09:00

I tried both for DD. Started off with dentinox as wanted something that would work ASAP as I belief infacol takes a while to get into the system? Stopped the dentinox to try infacol. Both were effective but we also did a lot of stomach massage and leg rotations / bicycle legs - I would recommend this along with whatever you use.

nuggles Tue 18-Oct-16 17:14:11

Thank everyone. Dh picked up some infacol earlier so hopefully that starts to kick in soon.

It's horrible to see them suffer so much 😢

LauLau93 Wed 19-Oct-16 12:07:25

We've used infacol since she was 2 weeks old and it worked wonders. Honestly wouldnt be without it now. She used to scream for hours on end and really struggled with her wind, now at 5 weeks, she gets her wind up alot of the time on her own and no screaming.

Reallh hope you have the same results.

nuggles Wed 19-Oct-16 17:32:09

Thanks. At first use last night the infacol gave him the runs - alleviated any of discomfort though so it definitely worked smile

TwoDrifters Wed 19-Oct-16 23:34:22

Excellent news! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now