Dummys/pacifier

(5 Posts)
Erin19 Mon 17-Oct-16 18:17:45

Wasnt going to give my 2 month old a dummy/pacifier byt everyone looked at me as though as i was daft. So gave in. Now i wish i hadnt. Cries everytime it falls out her mouth can be very stressful. Anyone had this..and any tips to stop this

LauLau93 Wed 19-Oct-16 13:30:06

I never wanted to give our little girl a dummy but at 3 weeks she was struggling with colic and wanted feed after feed as she was sucking to soothe her so i caved.
Is you little one using the dummy to soothe them? Maybe sore tummy or sonething along those lines. We found once the Infacol kicked in and the colic calmed down she onky ever wanted the dummy to soothe her duting crying fits. She wont use it to send her to sleep.

HappyInL0nd0n Wed 19-Oct-16 19:01:31

It's been a godsend for us. Our little girl was very colicky and it really helped her get off to sleep. We only used it for naps and out in the pram.

At six months, she started to suck her thumb in her cot, so we've (almost completely) stopped giving her the dummy and gave her a little rabbity blanket instead as a comforter, which she loves.

I know we may just have been lucky with how smoothly she transitioned, but honestly, I'd go with whatever makes the first difficult few months easy.

Good luck x

HappyInL0nd0n Wed 19-Oct-16 19:02:23

Oh, and as for it falling out all the time, that'll stop by the time she's 3 months (or around then), if memory serves...

DixieWishbone Wed 19-Oct-16 19:05:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now