Moving on from the moses basket

(9 Posts)
TheABC Sat 15-Oct-16 18:12:51

My 5 month old DD is officially too big for the basket and nearly tipped out of it when trying to sit up/roll over. I need a safe alternative to put her down in as I have a hyper 3 year old DS. Sadly, I am a short arse, so using a travel cot down stairs will result in me ending up in the cot, when putting her down!

Help!

DesignedForLife Sun 16-Oct-16 01:50:32

Could you get a playpen and put a bouncy chair or playmat or nice rug in it?

CoffeeCoffeeAndLotsOfIt Sun 16-Oct-16 01:57:42

My ds had a lovely little white crib from kiddicAre. Think it's still sold at £40.

ODog Sun 16-Oct-16 07:26:21

I know sids guidelines say 6mo but I've just moved my 5mo into her cot upstairs for naps when she's not sleeping in the sling.

samecardoverandover Sun 16-Oct-16 08:42:59

We had one of these at one point for DC3 and a similar version on wheels for DC4. Both from ebay and both fantastic when you have small DC's running around.

TheABC Sun 16-Oct-16 15:22:56

She is asleep upstairs right now in her "night time" cot. Really interested in the playpen suggestions - but how tall are they? It's not so much the sleeping as making sure she does not get trampled wirh DS around. And that I can safely pick her up/put her down.

T0ddlerSlave Sun 16-Oct-16 15:33:28

You can get playpens where a side opens up. Could that help?

ODog Sun 16-Oct-16 22:15:57

Or in the buggy?

CointreauVersial Sun 16-Oct-16 22:20:59

For daytime naps just use the night-time cot. For daytime play, find a little corner for playmat/gym/chair.

Surely at 5 months she's not going to get "trampled" by the 3yo during play? It won't be long before she's moving around by herself anyway.

(I have 3DCs, each 2 years apart, by the way).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now