Twins to a party - invite one or both?

(5 Posts)
Millionairerow Sat 15-Oct-16 14:44:35

My son is friendly with one twin but not the other and didn't want to invite the brother to his party. Can you invite one of a set of twins? Would you (if mother of twins) be peed off if he didn't?

Iguessyourestuckwithme Sat 15-Oct-16 14:45:40

Depends on their age and the party. A small group of friends doing something not a problem, if a big class party then yabu

Millionairerow Sat 15-Oct-16 15:09:04

He's 8 and always encouraged him to invite close friends. Party had restrictions on numbers and it's my son who said he wasn't friendly with the other twin.

AmeliaJack Sat 15-Oct-16 15:10:13

I'm the mother of 8 yo twins. I actively encourage people to invite them separately.

FireflyGirl Sat 15-Oct-16 21:08:03

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago about 2 of 3 triplets being invited. The general consensus from mums of multiples seemed to be they didn't expect the non-friend twin sibling to be invited any more than if they were different ages.

(The thread was a bit different, because the triplet who wasn't invited was close friends with the birthday child and the other two were more acquaintances, but there was a lot of general chat about how mums of multiples felt in these circumstances)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now