Worried about my 15 month old.

(12 Posts)
carterrw15 Fri 14-Oct-16 20:42:51

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this so hope it works!
I have a little boy he's 15 months old and he's only tiny (people comment all the time!) but the doctor says he's fine.
Anyway, since Wednesday he's been really off it, not eating, being very clingy. He's definitely teething I've never seen him chew on his thumb so much, but Wednesday night at around 10.30pm he woke up being sick and was sick twice that night. The following morning he wouldn't eat and was off it. He wasn't sick all day but we put him down that night again and he woke around 10.30pm again to be sick. He was only sick that once.
I've put him to bed tonight around 7pm and he's just woke up and been sick again.
I'm confused as to why he's only being sick at night time and not in the day?
Also today he seemed a lot better than he has done the past few days.
Can teething cause sickness or do you think it's a bug?
Tia xxxxx

Throughgrittedteeth Fri 14-Oct-16 20:55:24

I would say it's not a bug, at least not by now. Could it be reflux or something similar? Is he sleeping on a pillow yet? Might be worth trying to have him up a bit - you can put books or something under the legs of the cot if you don't want to use a pillow.

I guess if it carries on then speak to the doctor.

Throughgrittedteeth Fri 14-Oct-16 20:56:16

Sounds crap though op, I'm sure someone much more useful than me will be along shortly flowers

TeaBelle Fri 14-Oct-16 20:56:25

Do you give him a specific snack last thing in the evening eg porridge before bed?

FireflyGirl Fri 14-Oct-16 21:15:57

carter we had this exact thing, even at a similar age. It started when he had a cough, and he coughed so much he was sick. Then he would wake up crying, which would make him cough, then he was sick. Always at night.

I took him to the GP but there was nothing wrong with him. They couldn't explain it, either. It got less and he stopped after about 10 days.

Fingers crossed it settles for you too flowers

Cathster Fri 14-Oct-16 21:24:04

I've literally had exactly the same thing this past week Carter with my one year old.

I think it started off initially as a bug but it seems now that her stomach isn't able to cope with having food/milk and then lying down to sleep. The past 2 nights we've left it at least an hour after food (and skipped her bedtime bottle) to put her down and she's not been sick. Could be coincidence or it could be she's having enough time to digest her food before lying down. Is your DS eating right before bedtime?

DD also has a cough that GP said could be antagonising it by mucus going down her throat etc so we tilted her bed slightly.

Hope he's better soon, I know it's not pleasant when they're being sick and we have been on edge the past week at every noise she makes in the night now!

Lisasimpsonthebeast Fri 14-Oct-16 21:27:59

Don't worry about it just ignore it in the end it will all turn out fine

carterrw15 Sat 15-Oct-16 07:40:40

Thank you for all the replies guys.
He was up all night again last night and his poo is just water confused
I don't know weather it's worth taking him doctors because he's had something similar before and it lasted three weeks. It just worries me that he's already tiny for his age and he's not eaten since Tuesday, when he has had a snack he's fetched it back up.

He doesn't have a pillow yet but I might look into that. He has half a bottle of milk before bed but if I don't give him that I'm scared he's hungry because that's the only thing he's having confused

I really don't know what to do if I take him doctors I know he will just say it's a virus and if he's drinking (which he's drinking plenty) then just let him get rid of it himself

Xxxxx

FireflyGirl Sat 15-Oct-16 07:47:49

If he hasn't eaten since Tuesday, I'd take him to the GP. That's a bigger issue, I think.

Bertieboo1 Sat 15-Oct-16 08:13:13

I would take him to GP or ring 111.

carterrw15 Sat 15-Oct-16 14:36:04

I've taken my lb to the out of bourse doctors this morning and he's checked him over.
He has a viral bug, sore throats and he's teething shock So no wonder he's not well.

I'm being referred to a nutritionist next week to as he still gags all the time when eating even when he's eating mush. He's not a great eater... and not the easiest of babies lol

I need sleep sad

Thank you for all the replies guys xxxxxx

carterrw15 Sat 15-Oct-16 14:36:51

Oh also the doctor said don't worry too much about food as long as he's drinking

He gave me some dioralyte to put salts back into his body xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now