Frequent overnight nappy leaks at 14 months

(16 Posts)
Nottalotta Thu 13-Oct-16 19:57:30

Ds is 14 months. We had Aldi nappies until size 3 when they didn't seem to fit well and started getting leaks. We've had tesco since then with no problems until the last few weeks. Were getting 2-4 leaks a week.

It seems to bear no relation to how much milk he has. Last night he had about 4Oz at 6.30pm. He bf a bit in the night but it's more for comfort and to get back to sleep than for milk (not much swallowing going on, and I'm pregnant and feel my supply is dwindling)

Yet, wet at 1.40am! This is a record, it's usually between 3.30 and 5.

I have tried the plus size supposedly more absorbant nappy. Sometimes leaks, sometimes not (so no different)

He can drink.10Oz at 6.30 and still be dry at 6am. Or like last night, 4 Oz and wet before 2 am. Any suggestions?

Gardencentregroupie Thu 13-Oct-16 20:01:28

Get a few bamboo boosters, the type that people use with cloth nappies, and pop one inside the disposable at bedtime?

NorahBhone Thu 13-Oct-16 20:02:15

Have you tried pampers? I find they're the only nappies that work well over night

BlurtonOnKites4eva Thu 13-Oct-16 20:03:00

Our DD just keeps changing what nappies works! Nuisance child!

We were on tescos for ages and then we got Asda just because I was shopping there that week and when we went back to Tesco nappies they just leaked all the time. Using luxury pampers at the moment which are fab, going to try Aldi again soon.

bloodymaria Thu 13-Oct-16 20:04:33

Try a bigger size? We had this with DD and the bigger nappies totally solved the problem.

BananaPie Thu 13-Oct-16 20:05:01

We resorted to two nappies, one on top of the other. Cut a hole in the outside of the bottom one so the top one was able to catch any overflow.

MrsDc7 Thu 13-Oct-16 20:05:41

Oh I have this problem. Double nappy is the solution with some cotton wool put in just above his willy... sorts the problem right out xx

Nottalotta Thu 13-Oct-16 20:21:13

Oh God. What a palaver! He's in a size 6 so can't go any bigger. I've tried the 6+but no change. He's been in the 6 for a couple of months and been fine. Went back a size in case it was too big but they were obviously too small.

I did get pampers for overnight when I had a leak issue before, but then just went up a size in tesco nappies and that helped too.

I can't say I'm keen on double nappy!! Same size? I will try other brands first.

MrsDc7 Thu 13-Oct-16 20:32:17

Yes same size... pull the second nappy down at the back so it's higher than the first nappy. If you don't want to do that the cotton wool will prob do - it absorbs all the excess xx

Nottalotta Sun 16-Oct-16 09:11:39

Having paid a bit more attention, the nappy that leaked last night wasn't exactly sodden. Again, it was only 1am and I was changing him due to a poop when I realised he was wet too.

So I think I'll try a different sort of nappy, clearly these ones aren't up to his excessive wriggling at night!

BananaPie Wed 19-Oct-16 22:11:28

Perhaps they are too big after all? Size 6 at 14 months sounds unusual. Dc1 never got into size 6 - potty trained aged 3 in 5+. Dc2 is almost two and comfortably in size 5s....

Nottalotta Wed 19-Oct-16 22:14:48

I've tried a size 5 I found and it's really small on him. BUT I bought pampers baby dry, size 6 and they seem a better fit, smaller round the waist. Ds is very tall but not chunky. He's had 3 dry nights in the pampers so far so Fx!

Nan0second Wed 19-Oct-16 22:16:54

We use cloth nappies but I have never found a disposable that can keep up with DDs wees overnight (and she doesn't have any milk after bedtime!)
What I recommend is a hemp or bamboo booster with a fleece liner over the top inside the disposable nappy. Will make it last 12 hours smile

Dixiechick17 Wed 19-Oct-16 23:14:15

We've just switched to an aldi plus size at night as our DD was leaking in the pampers, getting on much better with them, I find them much better in the bigger sizes, like you I want impressed with sizes 3 and 4

Cakescakescakes Wed 19-Oct-16 23:16:36

If I don't put a popper vest over my DS nappy then it will leak as he pokes at it in his sleep and crinkles the top/edges so it's not during snugly. Then it leaks when he pees. Best under jammies - no leaks as he can't get at the nappy!

Cakescakescakes Wed 19-Oct-16 23:16:51

Fitting snugly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now