If you weaned at six months what is your routine?

(5 Posts)
milkyman Tue 11-Oct-16 12:12:13

Hi, second child but have forgotten all this and totally at sea with weaning! How much, when and how much milk!!! I formula feed and dd still wakes in night for milk.

NapQueen Tue 11-Oct-16 12:16:09

8oz or there abouts at 7am; 10am; 1pm; 4pm; 7pm

Finger foods offered at 10.30am after midmorning milk and at 4.30pm after afternoon milk.

By about 7.5m I was doing a small bowl of weetabix/porridge after the first morning milk, a few nibbles before the lunchtime milk (napped straight after milk at 1pm so did snacks before), and then again 4/4.30.

By about 10.5m I also then did a small bowl of porridge/weetabix before the evening bath, with milk after. It was at this point I reduced frequency of bottles to 7am, 12pm, 7pm.

BittyWanter Tue 11-Oct-16 12:17:00

Offer food when you normally have it plus a snack at 11 and 3 depending on her sleep routine.

To start with I offered the same milk until I was happy they were really digesting anything of substance rather than playing and smearing it.

I reduced milk intake around 8 months but it depends how your DC goes with the weaning. I don't agree baby's sleep better once weaned but that may just be my dc. They all slept 7-6/7 from about 15 months when they were knackered from running around causing mayhem.

NapQueen Tue 11-Oct-16 12:18:10

At that age I didn't offer food same times as me as I found sitting with my lunch or breakfast a nice break so I'd do it when they napped.

CarrotPuff Tue 11-Oct-16 12:39:37

If it's your second child just feed them the same time as older DC? That's what I do anyway. Unless you have a very big gap...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now