Im no good at this job (motherhood)

(5 Posts)
malificent7 Mon 10-Oct-16 10:26:04

Had a big row with dd (8)this morning about wearing correct school uniform. Have spent £££ on correct uniformnincluding nice warm winter stuff.
Dd prefers to wear short akirtd without coats as all her friends do apparretly. Each morning is a battle.
i lay out proper uniform on bed and she rejects half to go scrabbling around in drawer for her bits which wastes valuable morning time.
Todays argument was about get refusal to wear coat and tights ( tis freezing outside) I have brought school trousers but she refuses to wear.
Ive even shown her a letter from the head about appropriate svhool wear.
This morning i lost my shit and wanted to chuck a cuo at yhe wall. I didnt. I just go to work feeling like shit... i just want dd to be warm and smart and on time and i hate the morning battles.
She is so defiant and the constant battles are awful.

malificent7 Mon 10-Oct-16 10:26:31

Short skirt sorry!

malificent7 Mon 10-Oct-16 10:27:01

Typos... aaagggrrr!

malificent7 Mon 10-Oct-16 10:27:33

Cup at wall even

togetherlikeglue Mon 10-Oct-16 10:42:23

I feel your pain malificent. I struggle just to get my daughters out of bed in the morning (8 and 5). I frequently feel like throwing things, in fact sometimes take myself off and do it in private to get rid of the rage! Then I can go back and appear calm and adult-like. You're not bad at motherhood, motherhood can be very challenging day in day out - if there's any way you can arrange to have a morning off, do it. Even a tiny break can help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now