What age for this gift?

(9 Posts)
DeadGood Thu 06-Oct-16 15:52:39

I picked up this cute little puppet set for a friend's daughters. But I'm not sure what age it would be suitable for? It says 6+, what do you guys think?

Iguessyourestuckwithme Thu 06-Oct-16 15:57:51

6+

2014newme Thu 06-Oct-16 16:03:32

My dd had this set it needed a lot of parental help. So if you are giving it I would volunteer to be the person who does that otherwise it's another parental chore (sorry!)

DeadGood Thu 06-Oct-16 16:05:02

Ok, I guess I wasn't clear enough. Her daughters are 5, 8 and 11. Presumably the 11 year old will have zero interest, what about the 8yo? Possibly none either? I bought it with her 5yo in mind, sound about right?

DeadGood Thu 06-Oct-16 16:06:22

Thanks 2014 good tip! Maybe I should keep it for someone closer to home! (Or could the surly pre-teen be drafted in to provide assistance I wonder?)

2014newme Thu 06-Oct-16 17:01:42

My dds wer about 6 when they had it, needed a lot of help. Its tricky when they get something new and want to do it straight away and you don't have an hour to drop everything and do sewing! I personally prefer crafts children can do independently unless the gift giver wants to do it with them.
We have a load of half done craft sets in the cupboard.

DeadGood Thu 06-Oct-16 22:59:18

Thank you x

Swirlingasong Thu 06-Oct-16 23:11:25

At 5 mine would have found this frustrating, sorry. There would not have been enough they could do independently and they would have got bored while I did it. Some 8 year olds might be ok with it, if they enjoy sewing. Do either of the parents enjoy sewing? I wouldn't give it to any child unless I knew parents would enjoy it.

DeadGood Thu 06-Oct-16 23:15:56

Yep, they sent our daughter a beautiful quilt that the husband sewed! And she showed him how. They are quite crafty.

No need to apologise - there's a whole range of ages in that family so if the 5yo is too little there are two older kids who might like it more.

Thanks for feedback

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now