My 1 year old is so clingy with me but fine with everybody else!

(4 Posts)
2015mom Tue 04-Oct-16 18:01:09

My 1 year old was such a good boy, played loads etc

But lately he is so whingey... He is almost 1 year and two weeks and I know he has had some major changes because I have gradually stopped breastfeeding one feed a week and then he has just started his settling in sessions at nursery.

Today he has been so clingy when he has been with me, he doesn't play or anytbing. He is fine and happy when I drop him off at nursery, never cries and is happy.

When my husband came home he was a different person! Back to the normal playing baby! And talking!

I couldn't believe it!

2015mom Tue 04-Oct-16 18:35:20

It is obviously separation anxiety I just hope he grows out of it

MrsA2 Wed 05-Oct-16 07:07:35

Aww that is such a normal stage and the typical age for it, particularly with starting nursery too. Mine was always clingier with me than anyone else. I know it's exhausting and makes you and others sad when they just want you though.

I'd say to be prepared for tears at nursery drop off to start, just for a little while, soon. Most babies seem fine for the first few sessions and then kind of realise what's happening and cry (but stop the second you leave the nursery!). Hopefully it won't happen but I wanted you to know that it is also very common and passes quickly if it does! smile

AmandaK11 Wed 05-Oct-16 11:18:45

Crying is largely inevitable, I don't know any mother whose baby hasn't cried at first. I think it is only natural and nothing to worry about!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now