New UppaBaby Vista Double - as good as the hype?

(4 Posts)
LongingforNeptune Wed 28-Sep-16 18:00:15

Hi Mumsnet!
My second baby is due around Xmas - First will be 25 months old.
We are planning to get the new Uppababy Vista which has a lot of press and recommendations for its double buggy flexibility.
Is it as good as they say?
It looks great - and I will want to use the bassinet for the baby as well as an infant car seat and it seems to work well with those and the toddler seat.
I have the old Uppababy Vista and really like it...
Thanks all!

almmummy Thu 29-Sep-16 16:41:24

Pros: So versatile - I have a nosy six-month-old so I face him out on top and dd1 sits on the lower seat.
Nice and long, not huge and wide
Really easy to assemble/disassemble
Nice colour schemes
Really nice in solo mode if you have days with just one child

Cons - bassinet can only go on the lower level which aforementioned nosy baby HATED - I wish it had gone on the top
I had to buy an extra strap for the rumble seat as the straps are really easy for toddlers to stretch - my daughter nearly leapt out!
Heavy with a toddler up front but to be fair this will be the same no matter what pram you have...

LongingforNeptune Wed 12-Oct-16 10:41:55

Thanks almmummy!

firsttimemothergoose Wed 12-Oct-16 18:33:20

Do you need it though? I have the old vista with a newborn and 22month old. I bought the rumble seat but it's only been used twice. I use the bassinet with the buggy board and toddler walks or goes on the board. Depends how you use the buggy I suppose. I would use it for toddler to sleep and put baby in sling if needed but haven't needed to yet.
Just wondering if it's worth the extra cost?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now