What is seven???

(18 Posts)
Tiredqueen87 Tue 20-Sep-16 22:45:35

Help??!
DD is seven and I'm finding it a strange age, too old for the 'baby' type things and I'm not ready to let her sit staring into the ipad. Not ready for the older years and has outgrown the younger years . What kind of things are other seven year old into?

imip Tue 20-Sep-16 22:48:04

Arts and craft, jumping on the trampoline, playing shopkins, colouring in, soap making, fimo, playing at the park, swimming, lots of other stuff!

Superdinocharge Tue 20-Sep-16 22:48:09

Crafts, board games, baking, writing, playing with playmobil, Lego, bike riding, reading, music loads of stuff!

Pinkkahori Tue 20-Sep-16 22:48:43

I have a seven year old. She does use the computer sometimes. She plays on Bin Weevils and looks at things In the Disney store usually. She also spends a lot of time outside on her scooter. She loves art and she still plays with dolls quite a lot.

Tiredqueen87 Tue 20-Sep-16 23:01:36

Does anyone else find it an awkward age though? Like out growing Cinderella and wanting to play with make up but also now quite there yet ?

Tiredqueen87 Tue 20-Sep-16 23:04:14

What I mean is I'm finding it a hard age, like its some kind of transition. She plays out now with friends , and I get eye rolls at the suggestion of a family day out. She likes to come to the gym with me on a Sunday , and she wants to do make up together but I feel she's too young.

OSETmum Tue 20-Sep-16 23:05:32

I think it's a brilliant age tbh! DS is 7 and he's developing a fab personality and sense of humour. Yeah he loves his iPad and phone and sometimes his computer. It he mainly loves playing outside in the garden, he'd be outside all the time if he could.

Tiredqueen87 Tue 20-Sep-16 23:08:37

We can have chats and I like that, and she likes to watch funny things and we laugh together. But I find I suggest things and all I get is 'that's babyish' tbh it's more on the rainy days when you find yourself stuck for things to do

hownottofuckup Tue 20-Sep-16 23:16:53

Lego, reading, 'gymnastics', art, playdo, baking, writing, music, kinetic sand. Easiest is pen and paper.
Online stuff had a bad effect on her so it's very limited.

hownottofuckup Tue 20-Sep-16 23:18:07

DD is definitely CBBC and POP as opposed to CBeebies and Tiny Pop.

Tiredqueen87 Tue 20-Sep-16 23:27:10

Hownottofuckup.... Bad effect in what way? Already a gymnast and doing well, can't pump anymore money into that

imip Tue 20-Sep-16 23:38:04

I have a 4, 6, 8 and 9 yo, all dds. So far, I feel the biggest 'transition' is with my 9 yo who is 10 in Nov. Her Christmas gifts are going to look so different to her sisters! But it is more grown up games, older books, things like that. And she may get some sort of music player in her bedroom as she keeps stealing my iPad to play music....

oobedobe Wed 21-Sep-16 03:00:20

My DD1 just turned 8 and I am finding that more the transition age than 7. She has started speaking like other girls at school, lots of 'OMG' and 'so funny/embarrassing' - it is like she is trying on an older personality which can be funny!

She is into: Lego Elves, Shopkins, craft/science/rocks, charms, gymnastics, riding her bike, grown-up colouring book. Cartoons like Teen Titans Go, Johnny Test. Star Wars, nerf guns.

We got her a bluetooth speaker/alarm clock with LED colour-changing for her bedroom and she loves it.

imip Wed 21-Sep-16 12:56:18

obee where did you get the alarm/Bluetooth/light from?

DataColour Wed 21-Sep-16 13:02:09

I have two DCs 7 and 6. They are into role playing, cycling, going to the park, music, books, Lego, card games, board games, watching a bit of TV, playing the off bit games on my phone, and a hell of a lot of talking, they never stop talking.

Tiredqueen87 Wed 21-Sep-16 13:42:54

We got her little mix tickets as a gift earlier in the year. My partner took DD as we had just had a baby and I was breast feeding. I felt as though she was ready as she shows a keen interest in music (play guitar) and likes bands, but DD left early with her as she was tired and it was too much for her.

oobedobe Wed 21-Sep-16 14:21:54

imip

sorry we are not in UK but this is the product you might be able to find it there
www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/ihome-ihome-ibt29-bluetooth-clock-radio-colour-changing-ibt29bc/10371004.aspx

I paid $60 so about 30 pounds.

Juanbablo Sat 24-Sep-16 05:00:17

Dd is 6.5 and ds1 is 8 so we've been going through this transitional phase. Dd has always been absolutely terrible at playing alone. But she does like to draw, write and read. She loves to mess around with her own make up and play on the trampoline. She likes to watch YouTube but only gets 30 minutes a day. She does A LOT of cartwheels too!

Ds1 has always preferred to entertain himself and he can mostly be found out in the garden playing football. He will still play with hot wheels and figures sometimes but avoids it mainly because 2yo ds2 always wants to join in and "ruins" his game but he won't play upstairs alone. He also enjoys YouTube, mainly football videos, but again only 30mins a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now