Baby will only go to sleep with bottle

(2 Posts)
Shadow1986 Tue 20-Sep-16 06:08:57

Hi all,

I have a 12 week old who seems to be using milk/bottle as a comfort to get to sleep. He will absolutely not take a dummy, I've tried all brands! We are out and about during the day and he sleeps in car and pushchair no problem.

So last night he had his bottle about 6.30, then had his bath, then I topped him up about 7pm. He fell asleep on bottle. He then woke at 10pm, 12.30am, 3am and 6am and wanted milk every time. This is frustrating because at one point he was sleeping 7.30-3/4am.

Does anyone have any advice? I have two other children who have just started school so I've got to do the school run on very broken sleep.

More information in case it helps, he sleeps in a sleepyhead, in a crib, in my bedroom.

ODog Tue 20-Sep-16 13:19:08

I think it's very normal at this age. Also sleep regressions are common between 3-5mo. My now 4mo was pretty much sttn up until a few weeks ago but now needs boob 2-3 times per night and takes a while to settle again after. She's still a fantastic sleeper compared to DS so I'm counting my blessings.

Sorry, no advice, just sympathy. I'm lucky that DS is only 2 so we have no need to get up early if we don't want to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now