Anyone fallen pregnant on the pill?

(7 Posts)
MummaF Mon 19-Sep-16 10:36:43

Hello, I am new to Mumsnet and this probably isn't the right forum to post in but couldn't find a suitable area if that makes sense. Just after a friendly ear really, I am a 34 year old mother of two, I am on Micronor and I take it at the same time every day. We are not planning any more children....ever. The thing is, I have been feeling sick since yesterday and my boobs (sorry...tmi) are sore, I have an achy feeling in my tummy and I just feel really rather pregnant. I am due on weds and I'm scared I won't come on. I'm scared to test. I never usually experience side effects of the pill or feel like this before a period. Has anyone else fallen pregnant on the pill? I take Micronor.

GreenRut Mon 19-Sep-16 10:40:37

I did, yes. I would try not to worry about it for now, I often find pmt symptoms are quite like pregnancy symptoms and some months I'll have symptoms of pmt I never had before. This month actually I got painful boobs which I never get with pmt but always get with early pregnancy. But I'm definitely not pregnant! Maybe get an early response test to put your mind at rest?

MummaF Mon 19-Sep-16 10:43:24

Thank you for your reply. The sore boobs are my main concern, the only time I've ever had sore boobs was when I was pregnant. I'm so worried...I hope my body is just changing and this is just pmt. I started telling hubby this morning but freaked him out more than me so told him it was nothing and not to worry x

Shootingstar2289 Mon 19-Sep-16 12:53:15

If taken correctly the pill is very effective and you shouldn't get pregnant! But things like sickness & diarrhoea and antibiotics can affect the pill. Have you experienced any of these?

Sometimes when you get a little worried about being pregnant our minds play tricks on us and make us believe we are feeling symptoms there when there isn't. The pill can also cause symptoms.

I was on the pill at 18 and did get pregnant. BUT I did miss two pills in the pack and thought it would be OK. I now have a gorgeous five year old and now a year old. I've been on the pill since having her and I take it every day without fail at the same time. If I'm late taking one (which happened once) we avoided or use condoms for a week.

CobsAhoy Mon 19-Sep-16 16:36:50

Hey OP

I suddenly developed sore boobs and nausea as PMT symptoms in my late twenties, before that I had only ever really had cramps. You might just find you've recently developed a lovely new set of PMT Symptoms smile

Gowgirl Mon 19-Sep-16 16:38:01

Yep, he's now 10....

Northend77 Tue 20-Sep-16 17:18:46

I did fall pregnant on the pill but I wasn't taking it properly due to severe sleep deprivation and exhaustion (hence my mind being all over the place). I had an implant fitted instead

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now