A book about building lasting relationships

(3 Posts)
Thundercake Sun 18-Sep-16 09:06:22

Can anyone recommend a parenting book about how to build strong and lasting relationships with our kids? I saw a guy on Xfactor last night who was the most delighted about his mum was there to support him and I have a cousin who refers to her mum as her best friend. My kids are tiny but I want to start off well. I've a perfectly friendly but distant relationship with my own mum, she could be anyone, so would love to be more closely bonded to my two when they're grown up.

Cocolocos Sun 18-Sep-16 10:16:33

I don't know about any books but I would suggest just making sure that you give them plenty of love and attention and you can't go far wrong in terms of bonding. I think it's so important to pay genuine interest in what they are doing, and to listen to each other. I feel sad when I see so many families playing with their phones instead of talking to each other.

Thundercake Sun 18-Sep-16 12:58:54

I do all of that, I'm a SAHM and love being with them, EBF and baby led parenting, gentle discipline and every other buzz word going! me and my brothers were raised in a loving home too but we just don't have the connection with our parents that I see others having. I lived abroad for 10 years and didn't miss them at all.

I'm just future proofing really, I want them to feel cherished and like we'll be the first people they turn to until they're grown up with their own partners.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now