How talk is your 9 year old daughter

(7 Posts)
Luna9 Sat 17-Sep-16 15:27:31

I am concerned my 9 year DD is not growing enough; she seems to be shorter than most of her friends; she is 130cm; otherwise she is healthy, active and fit; she is not that good with breakfast though and doesn't drink milk , eat eggs or cereal.

Milliways Sat 17-Sep-16 15:47:53

You will get so many differences. Myself and DH are fairly tall, at 9 DD was the tallest girl in her class. She stopped growing at 5'5" though much to her disgust. DS however was always one of the smallest in his class, until he reached 16 where he promptly caught up and overtook many, and is now a good 6'1-2"

Luna9 Sat 17-Sep-16 17:49:01

Thank you; hope she is a late developer and catches up a bit

My dd is 9, and has just hit 5'1" with size 5 feet, and has hit puberty.

But she also has some seriously diddy friends.

I'd not bother comparing.

motherinferior Sat 17-Sep-16 17:58:33

Mine was tiny. She is now 13 and small. She is also growing, healthy and gorgeous.

Luna9 Sat 17-Sep-16 21:18:12

Thank you

I read that once you hit puberty (have your period) you slow down growing. Hope she doesn't hit puberty too early.

HedgingWithASledgehog Sat 17-Sep-16 21:24:37

My daughter sounds similar to yours, OP. She is now 10 and 133cm. I did take her to the doctor a while ago. He said to mark her height on a chart and look again after 6 months - and as long as she is growing, and running around and thriving then all is fine. The doctor said that some children grow before puberty and some after - its a genetic difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now