Access to my daughter?

(4 Posts)
Haley2005 Thu 08-Sep-16 19:17:45

Hi, please bear with me whilst i try to explain my situation. I am currently getting divorced, myself and my husband have agreed to him having access to my daughter, he's not her biological father but has brought her up from the age of 20 months and she is now 9 years old.
Can my daughters biological father who also has access legally stop my soon to be ex husband from having access to my daughter?
Many thanks

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Thu 08-Sep-16 19:21:16

As your dd is a child of the family a court could grant access without 'permission' from either of you. If your views or df are strong enough against and with evidence to show reasons why not then you may be able to prevent it. But if he has been a good parent all this time then a judge won't be told how to go about things by her df just coz it doesn't suit him!

traviata Thu 08-Sep-16 19:29:03

He can't veto your decision for your daughter to have contact with STBXH , but he could apply to court for an order preventing it if there was a good reason.

One thing to think about is the time it will take up. Is your DD's contact time with her ex-stepfather going to come out of your time with her, or did you think it would mean a reduction in her father's time with her?

Haley2005 Thu 08-Sep-16 19:32:20

His time would come out of my time as her biological father only has by his choice 2 nights a month and that would remain as it is 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now